Argha's Backyard

Subscribe to my channel or someone will steal your favourite IEM. Thank You

Here is the Link -

6 Likes

Just Reviewed the Sennheiser HD490 Pro Plus, all criticisms are welcomed

4 Likes

When you spend $3778 on an IEM, you would expect the IEM to shift your presence to a place where no harshness can exist where musicality is the king and euphoria is the only option you get. I have been daily driving this IEM for 3 days straight and can say for sure that, keeping all the review jargon aside, this is one of the most immersed experiences I have ever had in my own library. This is how melted chocolate sounds.

Presenting to you - Nostalgia Audio Camelot and Lancelot cable

1 Like

Any Indians out there ?

Jason Corey is just too good

Music and AI

Just want to share a small but interesting thing.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 100202

I had files (Lossy - AAC Files) organised in such a way that the Music files were there inside the Album and the Albums were residing inside the Artist. Later I deleted a few files and shrank the size so that I didn’t need playlists in different apps, yet it was easier to navigate. Now the problem is I haven’t thought about presentation in different players. So to solve this I have to extract every music file and paste it into a single folder.

It would take a significant amount of time so I thought I should use Claude since it is way better at producing code that actually works. Gave it instructions and asked to clarify if it had any questions. After clarification, it gave me a script that did the work in 5 seconds max.

It is so cool to see tech getting used in normal day-to-day tasks and making everything easier. I am a Computer Science student and I have a very theoretical and statistical view of AI/Data Science. This is the first time I used this to ease my task thus sharing this on the thread.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 094941

4 Likes

These AI tools are pretty damn useful like this.

Personally i have a big Music folder, then different subfolders of different genres (nothing too specific but like Rock_Metal, Electronics, J-Music, etc…) then artist folders inside them and lastly the album folders inside those.

In my NAS.

2 Likes

Well I have just Folder Names ( Albums ) & Their Songs inside it. No sub-directory.The thing I showed above is mismanagement from my end.

I still need tips to manage music, I have ~100 offline albums only and now it is getting harder to manage them. Thinking of getting Roon at some point next year. Heard that if I enter roon there is no coming back , thus delaying it a bit.

For storage though, I just use a sata SSD. I still haven’t figured out how should I continue in the future. I like Qobuz Streaming and discovery a lot, and maintenance is a hassle too. So giving everything a thought now.

Will update if I decide to make my music server.

I recommend Navidrome via a NAS. You be using your own local files to then stream it to other devices and on a NAS it be both on 24/7 and act as your storage solution.

For long term useage, HDD is recommended.

If you have not tagged your files yet, it is recommended that you do it now when you are just starting.

I use EasyTag (on linux, also available on windows): Apps/EasyTAG - GNOME Wiki!
This is another one: Kid3 Tag Editor download | SourceForge.net

2 Likes

Broskies - Take a look

It might look small to a lot , but this is a very big thing for me.

I started my YouTube channel, keeping a single thing in mind. If it helps even 1 person, my work is justified. I already gained 100 times that. Thanks.

Audiophilia is not a hobby, it’s a lifestyle. Keep listening.

3 Likes

So Yeah! The hype was not true (To me at least) for the time being. Had a great time listening to this IEM though.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

New Gears are In

3 Likes

Nice comparisons :100:

1 Like

How much technicalities is too much ? The answer is there is no limit as long as the tuning is good. It is very hard to be surprised by something initially, and this one passed the test.

THIEAUDIO Oracle MKIII is a statement to “How you can make a good sounding IEM extremely technical without being too expensive”. Each and every nuance is captured with outmost clarity and perfection, that too with confidence that can rival kilo buck. The drawback is, with included tips it might not sound very organic, but the fundamental tuning is solid. The Sub-bass is authoritative and has the body. Treble is very airy without ever stepping into the uncomfortable territory. I was worried about the mids , but they are not bad either. Kind of recessed a tiny bit but with high amount of textural information. This one is a fun sounding IEM offcourse. The review will be uploaded to my YT - https://youtube.com/@audiowithargha

Thanks to The Audio Store for providing me this IEM

5 Likes

Sounds like the Oracle MKIII really nails that balance of technicality and fun! Can’t wait to see your full review—sounds like a solid pick!

1 Like