Argon mk3 for gaming?

Are the argon mk3 good for gaming and what are the best pads to get with them? And what are some other great competitive gaming cans?

They’re fantastic with the protein pads. I play r6s and apex with these.

Define “good for gaming”.

You have two options:

1. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS FOOTSTEPS AND FINDING OUT WHERE PEOPLE ARE SO I CAN WRECK THEM M8

2. I want to be able to enjoy games in their entirety. The music, the atmosphere and have an experience.

If you are a normal human and not a PRO GAM3R L33T NEXT MEMBER OF FAZE CLANNNNNNNNNN!
Then yes Argon’s are nice.

Edit: Yes I will agree with the person above. The proteins are nice and consistent since they are not natural materials. The lambskins are also nice but different.
The Argons are somewhat tilted to being better suited for closed materials like that since that is what they are basically made for.
You can go with more open pads too like Shure pads too. But the sound is quite a drastic change.
More highs (too much for me personally, quite sharp on the ears), elevated mids in the vocal down to mid bass (150-250 hz rough guess) with rolled off lower bass in comparison to the closed pads and it might have been a bit rough.
Take what I say about them with the Shure 1540 pads with a pinch of salt though because I haven’t been able to hear the Argons in a long time and I VERY briefly used the 1540 pads.

1 Like
  1. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS FOOTSTEPS AND FINDING OUT WHERE PEOPLE ARE SO I CAN WRECK THEM M8
    Are they good for that?

from the reviews i’ve seen they have pretty good bass, which means if ur into footsteps then you would need to use an equalizer to reduce the amount of bass they put out so it doesn’t interfere with the highs.

lol. no.
Like @RussTheGreat said you would have to eq their bass into oblivion and probably a good portion of their mid bass too.

I would say a sharp cut at 150-200 hz.
Just totally annihilate it.

Then yes they would be okay. You would then be getting planar mids and highs. So pretty revealing and with good sound stage.
Can’t say with certainty since I personally have never done that specifically and I have no idea why personally i would. But that should be more or less right.
You would just have to find a dac with equalizer functionality or use a “gaming” soundcard and a good amp.

HOWEVER with all of that said. If you were going through the trough of absolutely ruining Argons with a bass destroying eq, then you might as well just spend a lot less money and get the stock t50rp mk3 from amazon and buy shure 1540 pads or brainwavz angled/hybrid bads. Or get the t50rp’s that sell with a set of Dekoni pads for 179. https://www.amazon.com/Fostex-Reference-Headphones-Platinum-Earpads/dp/B00E4XRDJK

You would not have to eq those as much since they have less bass when stock and it would save a significant amount of money if you aren’t as interested in the sound of the argons for everything else.

Plus you don’t have to wait 8-9 weeks to get them and that’s assuming you’re in the US. :rofl: