Argón power requirements

Yeah THX is going to be super clean, not too warm. Asgard 3 is probably what you want then.

Probably something along the lines of this…

don’t even ask about HE6SE requirements lol.

1 Like

Yeah the he6 amps were too large so they had to have satellite imagery to get a good shot

Their both pretty similiar in power with each of them beating each other out at different ohm rating. i dont think we know the Argons ohm rating. Kinda funny, Zoes loved the topping a50 says it was really powerfull but it doesnt seem to have near the power of these amps. but it is warm sounding

Schiit Asgard 3:
16 ohms: 5W RMS per channel
32 ohms: 3.5W RMS per channel
50 ohms: 2.5W RMS per channel
300 ohms: 600mW RMS per channel
600 ohms: 300mW RMS per channel

SMSL SP200:

• 6W x 2 (16ohm)
  • 3W x 2 (32ohm)
  • 440mW x 2 (300ohm)
  • 220mW x 2 (600ohm)

lol not as impressive asthe 6 SE but the akg Sextetts are also pretty rediculous

I mean he also holds the opinion that the argons that they only sound “right” with one specific amp n his collection

Max or continuous power?

Maybe hes right? is that you in your profile pic rice?

he could be its very rare for anyone to have that much shit lying around, but I feel because of him people like to exagerate how power hungry they are which in all honety they arent that power hungry as a headphone. also no thats not me

2 Likes

well he was saying they sounded right on a portable amp. so i think it was more architecture of the amp than power

not sure

10 character

The Heresy I think has higher single ended output and sounds fantastic if your’re looking in the $100 price range.

The problem is there is more to the Argons then just their ohm rating. There’s something to do with the way the resistance mixes with other factors. Plus OP said they want something warm that cuts down treble a tiny bit, and the Asgard 3 fits that bill much closer than the SP200. Which might work if you want a clean dry analytical sound, but that’s not what they want in this case.

Yeah but the Asgard is also pretty clean for the amount of power it puts out. Or so I hear.

1 Like

I’d feel better if it was built around the new 3+ or Heresy. The Heresy is one of the cleanest amps I’ve heard. Runs circles around the SP200 IMO and it’s $100.

The older Schiit sound was so compressed ( lacking refined sparkly detail) They are revamping the line so I feel a new Asguard is coming soon

They just aren’t that sensitive, they are harder to drive because of the lower sensitivity. They can get loud off of not much power, but having extra power helps to increase impact and dynamic range, and also even out the frequency response of the headphone. Also more detail too

3 Likes

The asgard 3 is the new asgard, the asgard 2 sounded pretty not good imo. The 3 was what got me interested in the company again. They have yet to revamp their higher end amps and lower end dacs

1 Like

Well @M0N said the Asgard 3 was a massive upgrade over the original, doesn’t sound compressed at all.
Edit: Well look at that he said it before I did lol.

Ah… Gotcha. Well I’d give the Asgard a shot!

1 Like

LCX with a balanced DAC in is minimum. Yea they will get loud on less but there won’t be the same dynmaics that big voltage brings. I run them on a HPA-3B which is about 4 watts and high gain on 789 all day. The asgard should do pretty good on SE but I’d get the balanced mod to future proof it.

1 Like