ATH-M40x keep it or get better fps one?

Hi
i have ATH-M40x without dac ,and looking to get better one for fps to hear footsteps better .

or just keep ATH-M40x and buy dac ?

if you guys recommend me to buy new headphone ,which one ?

regarding dac i found g6 the best for gaming ,right ?

thanks

there are way better options…but we need to know what you can budget so we can recommend what is available at your price points. :slight_smile:

250 $ max

can i relay on rting website ,and filter by Imaging or nature sound ?

SHP9500 rting say this better than mine is it correct ?

with your budget, it would be good to get a proper DAC and Amp…and then save up for a better headphone.

one of the best headphones for gaming is the Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm. this needs a powerful amp to drive though…something like the Monolith Spark stack…the DAC and the Amp. that’s about $220. you want an amp that’s warm as the DT880 has some peaky treble sometimes and a warm amp helps tame that.

1 Like

i did not like DT880 because the cable ,looking for detachable headphone .

ty

one more triple drivers are a good option. they are kinda on ear though so if you dont mind that design. cooler master mh 751 with the mic taken off has proven it’s reliability for footsteps, rtngs isnt super reliable as they tend to base their opinions more on the measurements than actual listening experience.

1 Like

i just watched the sound demo ,i like it.do you think there are better one than this ?

Depends what signature your looking for and use case. Just keep the g6 for now… its not bad… just not the best but it can drive my t1.2 so it does pack some power. 880 600 ohm pushes it harder but is driven as well

1 Like

still looking for dac ,did not bought g6 yet.

Ah okay well then it’s up to you… g6 offers bells and whistles… desk space and convenience but a dedicated setup will cost you more but you gain better sound quality. G6 is a combo unit both amp and dac

Also, you can just have the 880 modded for a detach cable… not hard to do yourself otherwise people offer this service for like $70

plz which better for fps hearing footsteps?.
MASSDROP X SENNHEISER HD 6XX cost 280 $ to saudi arabia to my us forward mail
or
58x cost 230 $ to saudi arabia to my us forward mail

thanks

58x due to better soundstage. 6xx is narrow but has better sound quality. 6xx demands more power of an amp. Both do about equal on imaging

1 Like