šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD 2 Pre Fazors

I believe this is the headphone in question. Please correct me if I am mistaken
I am not purchasing; here for anyone that is interested
1 Like

I have a few thoughts on expectation vs realityā€¦ I thought they would be uncomfortably heavy and I thought they wouldnā€™t sound right without EQ and I thought they would be too dark and I thought they would be too bass heavyā€¦ none of this is true imo and I know its early but Iā€™m extremely pleased with these headphonesā€¦ warm lush full and detailed :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I wasnā€™t expecting to love the sound out of box either lol. I wanted the LCD-2 for itā€™s bass performance and I have no problems using EQ. But I havenā€™t bothered with EQ yet since I ended up loving them regardless. They also turned out to be the closest thing to a 6XX successor Iā€™ve found yet.

3 Likes

Honestly one of my favorite audeze in terms of tuning and just pure enjoyment, real solid

5 Likes

Damn, maybe I should also get a LCD 2.2 because of all the good things I have just heard about it. But I already have the Pre Fazor LCD-3 now. Maybe still worth it.

How would you compare them to something like the Z7 or the Nighthawks? Those are headphones that have been described with some similar characteristics. (Warm, lush, full, detailed, well maybe not detailed for the Z7)
I have a curiosity about Audeze and Iā€™m trying to do my homework before my next open back purchase.

What is your take on fazers? As I mentioned Iā€™m interested in learning about some of the Audeze stuff that can be found below $1k. The LCD X being probably the highest.

I wouldnā€™t want to lead you astray as Iā€™m still just getting the feel for these but maybe @Hazi59 could give you quick comparison with the Z7 and @M0N could give you the NightHawk comparison

The fazor removes bass but adds vocal clarity. Buy a used set of Audeze for $1000. My LCD-3 pre fazor was $1000. My HEX V2 is the most comfortable headphone I have but it sounds different from my Audeze. The Audeze is warm and relaxing and the HEX V2 is warm but more intense.

On the LCD 2 the fazors improved detail, imaging, made it a bit more intimate, and changed the timbre and signature a bit. The prefazor was warmer and more meaty, better depth and width, better impact, more organic sounding, smoother, more unique of a listen for me. The pf LCD 2 vs LCD 2 f are like different headphones. The LCD 3 when it got the fazor just ruined it for me lol, the prefazor is way better

3 Likes

Do you guys think that $780 for an LCD-2 built in 2011 in good condition with extra pads and headband is a good price?
Iā€™m considering it but thatā€™s a lot of money and a big jump from the m1060 and 6XX I have now

Thatā€™s a good price for coming with new? spare pads. I think itā€™s a significant jump forward from the m1060 and the 6xx imo. You might be able to offer 700 and see what happens

1 Like

The seller says they refuse to negotiate the price.
The pads and the headband are new, it also includes a balanced xlr cable.

I think thatā€™s a pretty fair price then if the wood and physical condition is decent since it comes with new pads and the new headband (assuming suspension strap)

1 Like

Mine were $750 in mint condition with no extraā€™s so I think itā€™s a fair price depending on their condition :+1:

2 Likes

Which amp do you use for them?

1 Like

Asgard 3 and Liquid Sparkā€¦ I recently got these so maybe @M0N can speak to there amp requirements (if any) but they seem to sound good from both

3 Likes

The asgard 3 is a pretty great amp for the price to power them. Of course you can get more out of a higher end amp but the a3 is quite impressive for the price (and the lcd 2 isnā€™t the most amp picky headphone out there)

3 Likes

I have a Geshelli Erish and FiiO K5 pro. Do you think it would mix well with the LCD-2?

1 Like

The erish should be pretty nice going off of what I have heard with the archel 2.5 pro, but I havenā€™t heard it so I canā€™t fully say. The k5 pro would do fine, but imo I easily prefer the erish (if itā€™s similar or better than the 2.5 pro)

2 Likes