Audeze LCD-24 (LCD 4 with LCD 2 tuning)

from what I heard its pretty similar. Maybe more neutral and less laid back.
It hasnt arrived yet, so I can’t speak from experience

2 Likes

Okay gotcha. I’ll be pretty interesting in what you think when you get them :+1:

1 Like

im hoping I don’t think, “shit, now i need the lcd24” :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah man lol the 24 is def more than I’d like to spend especially with the Canada exchange rate but I could see myself going to the 3 pf for sure

1 Like

I couldn’t get spend ~2k on the lcd24 before getting a he1000v2 and utopia.
If I got the he1000v2 and utopia and still wanted the lcd24 (and then there is still abyss to think about), then I will have a ton of money in cans :weary:

2 Likes

It’s all fun and games as long as you can still pay the mortgage lol

4 Likes

I’ve only listened to the 2.2 pf for a few hours so far, but if the 24 is a better technical headphone with a similar signature, I could see it in my future. This 2.2 pf is solid.
Anyone know what some 24s go for on the used market?

5 Likes

I bought an unopened bstock set for 2300 all in. I think that may be a little high but i also skeeve over used headphones as my ears seem to get inflammed and infected very easy.

I dont see what made it b stock tbh

3 Likes

That’s awesome and thanks!
Who knows? Maybe it was used by Audeze for a very short time or something very minor.

1 Like

Used ones have been popping up lately in the 1.8-2k range I believe

3 Likes

Question, the Audeze carbon fiber headband is 60g. What’s the standard suspension strap weight? I cant find the weight… I’d imagine there’s very little difference…

1 Like

I believe the difference between the cf and steel wasnt too much. Most say you dont feel much of a difference on head. Maybe 40-60 gram difference but the memory is fuzzy

2 Likes

I weighted mine with a postal digital scale and it was around 60 grams. Not sure if it’s because of lack of precision or if it’s correct, but the metal headband feels very lightweight once detached.

1 Like

Yeah the Audeze site says 60g for the carbon fiber version, but I cant find the metal weight.

Its such a small piece and the metal isnt thick so it isnt huge. There is probably a bigger difference in the feel and any stiffness.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured and looks lol. I was just surprised they had the weight listed on one but not the other. It’s so you cant see there’s very little difference lol.

When i get a chance i can see if i can weigh my two. I just dont know if i have a scale, or a way to grab the cans for at least a few days.

1 Like

No biggie man. I wouldn’t worry about it. I was just curious if anyone actually knew. Thanks for the offer though!

holy crap this comment didnt age well lmao

Anyways, got the LCD24 not very long ago. It is an incredible headphone. Unlike the he1000v2 which right away wows me with it’s stage or the diana v2 which wows me with it’s bass impact and slam, the LCD24 took a little time to wrap my head around.
Of course it does many things well, but the stand out feature that this does that I have never heard before, is how immersive, refined and coherent the presentation is. I seem to get a lot more nuance and clarity with the placement and delivery of instruments and vocalists. The depth is very good. Things are clearly placed all around me - side, front, back and anywhere in between. I’m astonished at how much information is in the music. Honestly sounded to me like the LCD24 was somehow imparting its own special flavor to the stage, but I think it’s just that competent.

7 Likes

And please state to the court, what is your signal chain.

4 Likes