Audeze LCD-24 (LCD 4 with LCD 2 tuning)

So I recently just traded a friend my MX4’s and LCD 2.2s for his pair of LCD 24, and these are just great. The LCD4 was always a bit much for me imo, and the tuning was the culprit imo. These sound like an upgraded version of the LCD 2, something that I have been wanting for a while. I originally had my mx4’s for mastering work and the 2.2’s for pleasure, but since the finals had replaced my mx4 imo, I had a friend who ended up buying the 24’s and liking them, but then heard my mx4’s and preferred that signature (for some reason), and also decided that he would trade his pair for my pairs, and I went through with it, and they are just great. These are just so fun to listen to without being super fatiguing

5 Likes

How do they compare to something like LCD 2 Classic

1 Like

Not really close, it’s essentially a flagship and the lcd 2 classic really can’t compete imo

2 Likes

which is funny…since they’re LCD-4’s tuned like the 2’s. the irony… LoL! :smiley:

1 Like

Well the 2 classic isn’t super similar to the actual lcd 2 imo. The lcd 2 has better detail and technical aspects with a different signature compared to the classics

2 Likes

Got the lcd24 in today, with only a couple hours on them, very happy,good amount of thickness and pretty impactful, but still has some relaxation. Great dynamics and technicalities. Really wide soundstage, has awesome depth and separation. Nice organic timbre. Great extension all over. Really liking this sound signature. Like a super lcd2.2pf, First impressions though.

9 Likes

Was about to ask if you’d gotten them yet. Looking forward to more impressions!

3 Likes

yea these are really niceeee haha

3 Likes

I own a LCD-2 PF and now I really want this lol. Were you the guy who got it from that recent head fi listing? That was a damn good price

4 Likes

yea that was me, def an awesome upgrade to the 2.2pf

4 Likes

Congrats and that’s awesome.
Glad it’s working out!

2 Likes

If I enjoy the 2.2 pf, I’ll need to know how good of an upgrade path these truly are…:grimacing:

3 Likes

my understanding is that the upgrade path is as follows:
lcd2 pf -> lcd3 pf -> mx4 -> 24

Currently I am on the lcd3 pf step :smile:

4 Likes

Haha nice! Yeah, I’d just go to the 24 lol.

4 Likes

Welcoming the lcd24 to the fam

10 Likes

:smile: the th900 peeking in the left

meanwhile the hawks are just like “how tf am I still here??”

3 Likes

Was wondering in the future, a kennerton could replace the Hawks, but Idk :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

dang kennerton, he1000 and abyss in the future?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Aye aye :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The 3 isn’t an entirely different headphone then eh? Same sound sig better technicalities?

1 Like