🔶 Audeze LCD-4

Would you say that the vocals are more pronounced? My only nitpick with X’s are that at times I feel the vocals should be a tad more forward. Regarding the 800s, that was my top contender for my next Headphone if Lawton can’t produce the cups I want (I’m checking back in with Mark in a few weeks). I’m intrigued with the ADX5000, since they’re supposedly dead neutral.

Also, what do you think of your RNHP? I own two (:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and Love them.

I do think that the vocals are more pronounced, as everything is actually more pronounced as they almost have a sort of compression to them like some mrspeakers products, but not at that level.

The 800s are detailed af and have a crazy soundstage presentation, so something to look into if you like brighter headphones.

I was impressed by the ADX5000 and I would say they are very neutral, but actually in practice I find that the clear’s were more neutral to me after eq (with corrective eq on the adx5000 as well), so I went with the clears for studio work. I do want to pick up an adx5000, and now that I’ve admitted that to myself I might go and buy one lol. I have to stop myself.

I really like the RNHP. Very neutral and I use it for studio work as well because it’s probably the most transparent amp I own. It only lets me down with really power hungry cans

2 Likes

Damn. Now I want the ADX5000’s. My gut was pushing me towards those. I actually prefer neutral/neutral-warm headphones (the AKG’s are neither!). I think the 5000’s and the Lawton’s should keep me happy for a while…

I forgot, they’re not listed, but have you heard the Beyerdynamic T1 v2? That’s another one that’s been on my radar.
Thanks for all of your feedback, I truly appreciate it.

I used to own an original t1 and liked it, and the t1 v2 just actually has less treble, so it’s a warmer headphone

1 Like

Why did you get rid of it?

You could always take the jump into the abyss… Neutral with some warmth…

1 Like

I got rid of it once I got my original th900. And then I sold the th900 in favor of the modded th900mk2 purplehearts

1 Like

Phi TC? Too spendy for me.

1 Like

completely understandable. But I definitely enjoy them

1 Like

Some of the zmf lineup might be what you are looking for, as some of their headphones have the neutral with warmth sound. But I’ve never heard any zmf cans, so I would ask someone with some zmf experience

1 Like

Some day… Maybe. That’s does sound perfect. “Neutral with some warmth” :heart:

The only thing about them is that they still don’t sound as organic as a biodynamic, otherwise they would really be excellent

1 Like

I was told to try Aeolus. Something to think about.

And now back to your regularly scheduled LCD4 programming

1 Like

Exactly! Sorry for derailing this topic. :grimacing:

Anyone have a list of revisions and silent revisions of the lcd4 and what the sonic changes are?

1 Like

Love my LCD-4s. Got them in 2019 from someone on Head-Fi. It took me a bit to truly appreciate them, but that amount of detail from a darker tuning is something else. The bass is what does it for me though. The amount you can get out of them w/o stepping on the other ranges is great when you’re in the mood for that. They easily made my top 3.

5 Likes

I’ve been watching LCD4 used prices since the 5 came out… Been thinking between this or a Utopia to pair as an alternate to the Phi TC. I figured we’d start seeing good examples sub $2k and here we are. Went super quick.

1 Like

While I enjoy my LCD-5 a lot, it’s so different from the LCD-4 that I find myself still using them regularly.

2 Likes