Audeze LCD2c amp 500€

Hi everybody. I am looking for an amplifier for LCD2c headphones up to € 500. I currently have a Magni 3 that I would like to replace with something better. As the main candidates I have Asgard 3 and Lake people G111 which of them would be better? Thank you for every answer.

I am partial to the Lake People amp as I am a huge fan of Violectric. However, I hear that Asgard 3 is awesome

I have the LCD-2 Classic’s and they sound Awesome out of my Violectric V220 (bought used). Also sound pretty great out of my low impedance tube amp.

Side thought: When people refer to LCD2c I am never sure if they are referring to LCD-2 Classic’s or LCD-2 Closed-Backs. Or, is that just me? :grin:

1 Like

@ShaneD This is an open version of the LCD2 Classic
Lake People G111 I’m also attracted to it, I’m just worried about what I’ve read here on the forum so it’s not too bright?

I haven’t actually heard either amp. I am assuming that Lake People gear will have some of that Violectric magic. I don’t find Violectric bright.

You will never know for sure until you hear it. I would just say 1) buy what you can afford, and 2) get a well reviewed amp so that you can move it on with minimal loss, if you are not satisfied.

1 Like

Hello,
It depends on where you live.
If you live in the US, the Asgard would probably be better from a procurement point of view.
The G111 would work just as well, it’s not like that.
If I understand Mon correctly, the Asgard is supposed to be more musical than the G111.
The G111 is a little better in terms of resolution and organic.
Otherwise, have a look at the Asgard forum here and also about the G111.

I can also mention the SIngxer Sa 1, which is a bit more expensive but also an option in terms of performance.

It might depend on which dac you prefer to use if you are asking for an amp recommendation.
If it’s nothing special and you’re considering getting a dac/amp, the Singxer SDA2 C would definitely be a good choice.
It works extremely well with the Audeze Lcd 2 C and the Lcd 2 and Lcd2C are not that far apart.

I’ve got the LCD2 PF, and my favorite amp with it is the Drop CTH - which can be easily bought for $150 used (and I have a Liquid Platinum sitting on my desk). Had the A3 and thought it was good, but I’m digging the tube-hybrid sound. I’ll probably try a Vali 2+ here after I sell some stuff.

Thanks guys. And what do you think about pairing LCD2c with RNHP?