Audio Exciters and Flat Panel Speakers

Tech Ingredients - World’s Best Speakers!

I recently saw this video and I was impressed with the quality and flexibility of audio exciters. If you aren’t familiar with what they are, the above video is a great demo for them and Dayton Audio’s site has great info as well.

https://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php/exciters-buyers-guide

What are your thoughts on these and what project ideas do you have?

Exciters, if done properly, can be pretty nice imo. They can be a fun project to make some panel speakers. I don’t think they can hold up against something like magnipans, but they are actually pretty good for the price

For bass shakers maybe but I’m not a fan for music/voice frequencies coverage.

I think if they make the panels properly and have a multi driver config with appropriate crossovers, it can sound pretty alright

I watched DMS’s video where he made speakers using exciters, but I didn’t know much about them beyond that before reading this. I think it would be a really cool idea to make like a super stealth home theater setup using nothing but exciters and paneling that are strategically placed around your room. I don’t know how good that would sound, but it seems like a fun project if nothing else.

I’ve heard a stealth(ish) magnipan wall mounted setup and it was pretty neat, although I don’t think the exciters would be as good

1 Like