Audio for PC gaming

Looking for an audio solution for PC gaming.

Once my PC actually arrives, I will need some kind of audio setup for it. I play competitive FPS, non competitive games, but am also interested in music.

Having looked around online for weeks, it seems everyone has a different opinion on every headset or headphone.

I’m starting to think now I should buy a midrange gaming headset for competitive games like the HyperX Cloud 2, and an audiophile headphone combined with DAC/amp if necessary for other games and music.

Beyerdynamic headphones look good, perhaps the DT 1990 or Amiron home for the quality headphones.

As for a competitive headset/phone the Cloud 2 looks a good option.

If someone could offer a setup that would satisfy both high level audio and competitive gaming then I am open to that. I recently bought a Beyer MMX 300 and while music on it seems very good i am disappointed with it in games.

Thanks

What budget are you looking at? I think that will definitely help to guide you.

You should check this out, it’ll be a good refence and tell you both what to look for and what is good at various prices.

This is the thing, I’m not quite sure. Originally I was just going to buy the MMX 300 for £210 and be done with it but now I suppose my budget can be anywhere up to £500

Thanks, list is very comprehensive - I will reward it and look into the recommendations

or you can always ask me :wink: I float around here alot… the list is being updated with me taking my time with it(and 12 hour work shifts lol). I will swing back later on this if you have questions