🔶 Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000

This is the official thread for the Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

g901ADX5000-F

• Over Ear
  • No Amp needed
  • Open Back

Z Review

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to a set for a few days now, to me they aren’t neutral, they lean towards bright but don’t seem to be fatiguing in the process.
More to come here.

1 Like

Army Firedawg one

On massdrop for some reason

Just noticed it says b stock in the title, it doesn’t seem like it’s that good of a deal tbh. I really like mine but I’m sure you could find it cheaper

But it’s a $1 DROP in price! Act now!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well it does have the balanced cable which is like 300 bucks or so, but you could get a balanced cable for like 50 bucks if you feel like it

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I own a set of these (the pair featured in the Zeos review). I enjoy them a lot, but they aren’t my daily driver. The thing that keeps bringing me back to them over and over is the resolution/detail especially for certain types of instruments like strings. Have yet to hear a better violin on any other pair of cans, period. Sometimes things are just “shockingly clear” sounding on them. I also really enjoy them on tube amps because you can really hear the sound/changes that the tubes make much more transparently than with other headphones. Overall I give them an 8/10. I considered selling them once just because I daily drive LCD-X planars (they work better for Industrial/EBM which is what I listen too more often). But I just can’t bring myself to sell these. Love them too much.

7 Likes

@bl0ckch41n Love my LCD-X’s, what I was considering was these as a compliment to the X’s. Is this perhaps why you’ve yet to sell the ADX5000?

Nice photos.

Edit: Also wondering how the ZMF suede pads affected the sound. Thanks.

I’d be interested in the comparison also. Anybody own these who’d like to help me and Luke out?

1 Like

Well what would you like the comparison to?

1 Like

:grin:. Well, Luke mentioned the LCD-X, and how they might be complimentary. Thank you, M0N!

1 Like

And how the pads change the sound… :blush:

1 Like