Audio Technica ATH-EQ300M

I recently visited an audiophile street in Taiwan (near ximen), and wanted to see if i could get koss ksc75 and maybe a DAP. They didnt have anything, however, the shopowner recommended these bad boys (forshadowing);

I bought them on the spot because I had never ever once seen anything about them online, and looked incredibly out of the ordinary.

However, coming home and trying them left me completely disappointed and upset. It’s got non-existent bass and subbass, it is crazy bright with some peaks that kills your ears, and just overall sounds really airy. The soundstage wasn’t that wide, but was definitely better than a typical IEM, and the details was alright.

They’re decently cheap though, sitting at 390nt (12usd)(130 krones), and has a one year warranty. The build quality was passable, the hinge looks like it could break in several years and the wires feel pretty cheap, but the buds itself held onto my ears okay. They can look pretty stylish because I saw a girl wearing it to match her clothes (at a hotspring area of all places(wulai)).

I’ll see how I could mod these when I come back from taiwan, seems like a fun mod to mess with. Thanks for reading this post

Edit: forgot to mention that jazz music sounds fine on it, except for the bass, and cymbals that rupture your eardrums

1 Like

maybe they take to eq well to get bass/sub bass out of them?

I’m really terrible at eqing stuff (mainly because i dont understand how it really works), but using an app called ‘Equalizer’, I managed to set it to something good for me. However, when I tried it on my shanling M0 (DAP), it sounded like it was blowing into a fan.