Audio Technica models?

Is that one of the new ones?

Yes, it’s a warmer closed back high end audio technica, so I had to pick it up after I heard it lol

2 Likes

Damn it @M0N, now you have me interested, lol.

I don’t think I’ve heard a warm closed back from Audio Technica. Most of their stuff I’ve heard is V shaped, neutral or bright.

Exactly, their stuff only gets warm on a tube and even then the adx5000 on a tube goes from brighter bass light to neutral, not warm lol

1 Like

I forgot to mention the detail, that’s the best feature of the msr7.

R70x at $150 used in good condition a good deal? Good open compliment for Ether CX/Elegia? How does it tube?

2 Likes

That’s actually a really good deal, the r70x is actually kinda similar to a hd600, tubes well also, pretty nice I would personally go for it at that price

1 Like

You got a great deal. They sound great on tubes.

I have a the MSR7b and I really enjoy them a lot. Relatively balanced sound, detailed, light weight, and pretty comfortable. I bought them used for $132 from Amazon Warehouse. They seem like a steal at that price, but the squeakiness that seemed to plague the old model remains.

1 Like

Anyone ever tried the W5000 “Raffinato”? Saw these used for under $400 and curious how they sound

I had one for a while, again really interesting signature, kinda what I described above

Sorry to hijack the thread but i have got to say the a2000z is the true underrated audio technica headphone and is kind of a r70x upgrade with its better bass and trebble while still being able to retain the usual mids. If i didnt decide to jump off the deep end and get the AWKT the A2000z would have been my new daily driver.

Anyone that has interest in audio technica and has the ability to demo the a2000z should give it a listen.

if you’re talking about detail, MSR 7 got nothing on M70x
Also, talking about WP900
Lachlan did a close up view of it https://youtu.be/Y056PUlRw88
He bought it for himself, which is probably already indicative on how good it is.
I think overall its an upgrade over the old AT EarSuits portable On ear models.

interesting talk about the A1000-2000z, I only ever tried the A1000x and it wa skinda disappointing.

True, but the m70x falls short in presentation, timbre, and stage imo

Thanks for the WP900 review link! His reference to Grado’s kind of piques my interest. They would probably not be replacements for the Fostex TH-610’s, but maybe the Meze 99 Classic’s.

People either love or hate the m70x, I’ve never heard it.

1 Like

Is A2000Z much better than a1000z? Anyone knows? How is the 2khz peak on a2000z compared to 1000z? Sometimes 1000z has trouble with vocals when compared to my ad2000x, I don’t know how to describe, it’s not like an echo , more like if they play some vocals like if they was inside a can, Maybe not the correct description, the thing is that I don’t know if it’s because it’s closed ( I dont have more AT closed headphones to compare) or for frequency response due to the 2khz peak

It had better be lol. its a 650$ headphone. theres a open box deal right now for 500$ but idk about paying that much for a Audio Technica. doesnt look like it can do much clamp with that design. and does it even tilt?

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Audio-Technica-ATH-A2000Z-Art-Monitor-Closed-Back-Dynamic-Headphones-Open-Box?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAjwp-X0BRAFEiwAheRui-xKEC6VCAtO-QVQlGTmBV_IjYjU5dWiLkAA73mVHPEvhlnT_7f6LxoCGn8QAvD_BwE

The wing system was very different, it seems to either work or not work for people. I like the 2000X, whether it is worth the added cost over the 1000X is debatable but no more so than other expensive headphones.

My experience of Audio Technica headphones has been positive. They are willing to be different ( both design and tuning) and I like that. Although their newer models seem less quirky. Quality wise I have never had any issues, solid products.

1 Like

maybe it’s just me but I find M70x stage isn’t bad at all, sure my daily is MDZZ7 which has way bigger soundstage but what the M70x puts out is nothing to scoff at either, it’s nothing like the super intimate staging like older brothers M-series does, heck the stage and sub bass presence is what impress me most after I bought it basing on test demo of one sample a couple years ago, maybe its because I had a lot of upgrade in my source and dac/amp chain.

I have both the M70x and Pandora Hope IV on hand one day, when I tried the MSR7 again I felt ike the “hands cupped over mouth” feeling It has is a bit too distracting, It was surprising, I didn’t use to think that way about it, maybe it’s because I got used to how M70x present vocal, and at home I have my AD1000x which is way clearer and airier in the vocal than what MSR7 can ever hope to put out.

Its not like I’m hating on the MSR7, out of M50x, M40x, and MSR7, I like th MSR7 the most when I just started the hobby, those three are there at Jaben for me to try, I bought M40x then as that’s all I have on me, but one day they had a couple M70x came in and I never go back, it’s the only one that can manage to trade blows with the Final back then. I prefer it over the final then, and still does even now.

2 Likes