Audiobooks Recommendations

Anybody an audiobook fan? Wondering what books people have listened to / are listening to, and recommend.

I am a huge scifi / fantasy audio book fan.

Recent listens:

The Game of Thrones series read by Roy Doltrice

Wheel of Time series read by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading

Anything by Brandon Sanderson… Stormlight and Mistborn series

Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss

Licanius Trilogy by James Islington

Expeditionary Force by Craig Alanson

Ascendant Series by Craig Alanson

He Who Fights with Monsters by Travis Deverell

I really like “great” Books and “classics”. Books you defnitely heard of can be really entertaining and interesting. I love 1984, brave new world, the heart of darkness, vinlandsaga, starhours of mankind, Humboldt, the galic war, jurassic Park, Blade runner, Kafka.
but you should really read Permanent Record

You just listed my Kindle library, because so I can also listen to music while I read :grin:

Big fan of the Craft Sequence by Max Gladstone, which is about lawyers in a world where law is magic. I liked Ann Leckie’s Imperial Radch series. And the absolutely mental Bookman series by Lavie Tidhar. (Steampunk series where Queen Elizabeth is a lizard alien, Professor Moriarty is the prime minister, and Lord Byron lives on as a robot. It sure is fun.)

3 Likes

sounds wild, Ill try the Lizard book.

1 Like

James S A Corey - Expanse series (multiple books, kind of hard sci-fi)

Anything Alien (Sigourney Weaver alien) related:
Book adaptations of the movies
Bug hunt (collection of smaller stories)
Phalanx (i highly recommend this, alien story in a spear and shield age)
Infiltrator (both phalanx and infiltrator are narrated by Bronson Pinchot, who is excellent)
Cold Forge
Covenant origins (enjoyed this much more than the covenant itself :upside_down_face:)

There’s also alien themed audio dramas:
River of pain (when shit hits the fan in the colony at the start of Aliens)
Alien 3 (Gibson script)
Out of the shadows (Ripleys adventures between Alien and Aliens)
Sea of sorrows (kind of sequel to Out of the shadows)

Metro 2033 (post apocalypse in the moscow metro, possibly a realistic documentary of future russia?)

And Tolkien (of course)

1 Like

I am currently listening to The Three-Body Problem series by Cixin Liu. Currently in the middle of The Dark Forest. Absolutely fantastic so far. Highly recommend it.

I’m going to listen to the Children of Time trilogy by Adrian Tchaikovsky next. I’ve heard really good things about it.

1 Like

If you are into audiobooks I can’t recommend Graphic Audio enough.

I’ve listened to Sanderson’s Stormlight archive using both the traditional audiobook on Audible, and with Graphic Audio’s production.

Don’t get me wrong, the Audible production of these books is well produced, professionally narrated, and overall a joy to listen to.

However, the dramatic performance of a bigger cast of voice talent, music, sound effects… the Graphic Audio version is just on another level.

1 Like

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy , one of my fav books. I want to write essay about it, hope with a little help of essays for sale service https://fastessay.com/essays-for-sale.html I’ll finish my essay at highest level. This service help to get cheap papers fast and save my time for reading. Usefu tool for students.

is the proper response.

Me and the missus are enjoying (her for the first time) and me after reading the books years ago Stephen Kings…The Dark Tower series currently on #3 The Waste Lands :+1:

I love sci-fi and my favorite author is Alastair Reynolds and the narrator John Lee is amazing. If the narrator is bad I can’t listen to it. Let me know how you like it.
I’m Mike

James Clavell’s “Shogun”. Veeery long one (audiobook I have listened lasted 51 hours) but fantastic story that kept me excited to the very end. Strongly recommend.