Audiophile Metal Music

Absolute hi fidelity

…this is a joke btw
great fucking album though

1 Like

I really love the production of this. I wish there was a higher resolution version available than Spotify.

not that “metal” but still metal.
Kimberly’s voice and that bass guitar sound so good that this song can be posted in the Bass Gods Approved and Who are your favorite female vocalists:

3 Likes

Haken’s newest album has some top not production on it

as does Devin Townsend’s newest album

Also I have to shout out my favorite band Periphery. While their stuff is more on the compressed side, it still sound absolutely massive and clear. Just not super dynamic in parts.

1 Like

The Valley by Whitechapel is pretty well recorded. One of my favorite metal albums.

same, brilliant one

1 Like

I posted this elsewhere as I completely forgot that I had opened this topic.

I just realized that one of my favourite songs is ideal to test the clarity and “speed” of speakers, headphones, etc.

Just a warning though, it’s metal, black metal to be more precise, so, if you are not a fan, jump to min 2:57:

If you are curious how the drummer pulls it off, look here (from min 2:50)

2 Likes

Excellent drummer! :metal:
With a mask even lol, I would have passed out.

1 Like

Tesseract - Altered State sounds very nice:

4 Likes
3 Likes

dude, i really like your taste. Audiophile quality or not, ISIS (the band) has played a huge part in forging my music taste and making me listen longer and more often. ISIS (the band) is my favourite band to this date, Oceanic and Panopticon my favourite albums. Otherwise i lean more towards the softer side of post-something, like Dredg, Oceansize and Mogwai.

Some Romanian somewhat-experimental atmospheric black metal that isn’t too extreme with the vocal style.

Negură Bunget- Ţesarul de Lumini

1 Like

from OM I really like Cunoașterea Tăcută:

For me by far the most audiophile metal album I know.
Dynamic range is impressive for a metal record.

Yeah I go back and forth between oceanic and panopticon as well. Incredible band. Unfortunate about their name though, haha. Love Mogwai and Post-Rock too!

1 Like

Other then Neurosis (Who are indeed very well recorded…) and ISIS and a few other favourites I’d like to add Mastodon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYgZPfUKDo

I think the problem most audiophiles would have with metal is the dynamic range? The heavy use of compression to get that massive sound to it? I wish some of my favourite metal albums had a greater dynamic range, but I still think they are very well recorded and mixed.

2 Likes

f*ck yeah Mastodon! Legends. Speaking of ISIS and audiphile though, the production was the one (and not the only…) thing on point about “in the absence of truth”

And if one “metal” album always stood out for me regarding the general sound of the band, but also supported by the production, it’s good ol’ LD 50…

1 Like

1 Like