šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Thank you. everyone on the forum has been so helpful

2 Likes

Do you here a sound quality difference on Hart audio cables vs. New fantasia or newmusica cables that are on Amazon?

personally no, but I have not tried to compare.
I have heard that the New fantasia are bright and lower the bass, supposedly.

But generally any cable will be fine and the differences should be minute

I dunno about sound differences, but I much prefer my hart cable to any of the plastic braid amazon cables that Iā€™ve had

Thanks @Kron and @sa11297. Itā€™s a 30 dollar price difference and I already have a balanced cable for my Hiby r3 Pro, so all I need is a 3.5 mm. Skip music, the NH are the most comfortable headphones to wear period. When you have 3 hour zoom classes, nothing works better. Again thanks for the help guys

1 Like

For me it was really worth going for the Hart cable, that amazon cable made me not want to use my headphones I hate it that much personally

you can try to get a hart or something like that used here or on AVexchange if the price difference is a bit much

I really like the feel and lightweight nature of the hart, but dont have a problem per se with the new fantasia

What is Avexchange exactly?

ā€œA place to put all your used or un-used Audio or Video gear up for sale. Projectors, Receivers, Headphones, Speakers, Custom Cables, Vintage Units, Monitorsā€¦ Anything you can see or hear it goes here, see?ā€

My new newfantasia cable for my NH carbon

6 Likes

I have that same cable on my OG nighthawksā€¦ good cable although mostly I use my Hart cable setup as it is easier to swap amps which I tend to doā€¦ Asgard 3 for SE and Liquid platinum for balanced.

I got the new fantastia cable at first, but after like 2 months I couldnā€™t stand it anymore. I felt like the sound quality was a bit lower (maybe my imagination?) but the cable itself just didnā€™t fit comfortably at my desk due to being how short it was.

Iā€™ve had my Hart audio cables now for about 3 months and I love them. Quality is great and length is perfect. Also if I need other cables in the future it wonā€™t be as pricey since now I already have the interconnects they offer which is neat.

Probably true. But I use mine more portably. Iā€™ve ridden bus and subway with mine. First impressions are really nice. I feel the treble has a drop more sparkle then the Audioquest cable (rip. Snaggy bus seats.). It makes the headphone slightly less veiled, which I like. So I am quite happy with it.

1 Like

Hey as long as your happy who cares! That should always be #1 priority in this hobby :grin:

1 Like

Very true! Just getting totally buried in my Hawks again. Thereā€™s a magic that makes them impossible to put down.

Looking for a companion headphone thatā€™s sort of the opposite of my Focal Elegiaā€™s. Something that would give me a break from the Elegiaā€™s bright, somewhat thin and analytical sound in a nice open back. Would these do the trick?

Also is there another option for a warm headphone in this price range that is FULLY open back? Looking to use these will talking to friends and playing PC games.

EDIT: I also would like to add I do listen to alot of music as well, a lot of acoustic, hip hop, indie rock, etc.

These are VERY different from the Elegia and I believe they are a great complement. Those two are currently my favorite headphones that I have ever owned. They both represent an awesome value since they were originally positioned as premium headphones and their build quality and accessories reflect that. The Nighthawk sound is very warm and relaxing, with a nice level of detail that is presented in a very forgiving way. The bass on the hawks is also much more prominent than the Elegia so they are a fun change for genres like hip hop and rock. The carbon version also comes with a cable that has an attached mic so you can use it easily for gaming and calls.

For the criteria that you mentioned I canā€™t really think of a better open back with a similar price tag off the top of my head. Warm and bassy is not as common of a sound signature in full open back. Although the new Emotiva GR1 might match that profile from what Iā€™ve seen and read.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response! Iā€™ll definitely get these if they ever go on a sale anywhere. Iā€™ve heard they can drop to $150. Crossing my fingers for a good sale on Black Friday!

Theyā€™ve been discontinued so I wouldnā€™t expect a sale. Probably have to look on the used market. Good luck!

What @donjklassen said. Donā€™t think you are going to find them new anymore. Especially at that price. Used they tend to go between $200-300 depending on availability and condition. I can say I would happily pay $300 for them any day if they were in good shape.

2 Likes