Aurorus Audio Headphone Loaner Tour

Reminder to DM me your mailing address, still waiting to hear back from the following:

@DJHastings
@neiros
@Abohir
@kylereptyle
@EazyRedAudio
@eminent
@PL4Y3R_0N3

1 Like

had to split the post, 10 mention limit:

@xzackly7
@Dunring
@KrakenUp
@AD103

Damnn, I guess I didn’t see this in time. Bummer! :frowning_face: Would have been fun to give these a spin.

If there would be a EU tour, I’d be happy to participate! Thank you!

There will be, probably after Canada. Stay tuned to this thread.

2 Likes

Hey all, thanks for those that have responded, another reminder to send DMs with your mailing address for the following members:

@EazyRedAudio
@eminent
@PL4Y3R_0N3
@Dunring

1 Like

Just two left:

@EazyRedAudio
@PL4Y3R_0N3

Hey everyone, just a quick update, the loaner units were sent out to the first two recipients yesterday, so the tour is officially underway!

Please remember to post when you have received the headphone and to notify us privately if there is an issue with the headphone due to shipping damage so that we can address it quickly and get it back to you to continue to the tour. Looking forward to seeing people post their thoughts.

2 Likes

@ad103 and @DJHastings please confirm if you’ve received the headphones today.

Yep! Received them just today afternoon.

1 Like

Yep, I got em!

1 Like

@AD103 and @DJHastings one week warning. Please remember to post your impressions and ship out the headphones to the next recipients within the next week and DM me the tracking information please. If you need the next recipient information again please let me know.

My impressions of the Aurorus Audio Australis:

These sound very smooth, probably one of the smoothest overall listens I’ve had. They’re also a fantastic all-arounder headphone, as their downslope in the treble allows them to handle even the harshest tracks without sibilance or annoying harshness that most headphones, and especially closed-backs, have in this hobby. There’s also something about the bass that lends largeness and a sense of physical weight to instruments. These superlatives come at a cost, though, as clarity definitely is lacking on some of the more well-mixed tracks like stuff from Random Access Memories or Steely Dan. Furthermore, the choice to down-slope it to the degree that it is (i’m guessing 1.5 dB/8va?) leads to some bloating of the lower mids/upper bass. All around, though, I think if you’re a treble-hater like me, you’ll enjoy these headphones for ultra-long listening sessions and/or music all day at the office.

As for the physical comfort of these, the suspension system and generous amount of padding should allow for minimal discomfort through prolonged use, so long as you have a medium sized head or less. I think for people with big heads, this might need some end-user finagling, such as stretching etc., in order to make it comfortable to the same extent. Also, the opening of the ear cups is a little small to accommodate ears on the larger side of things, but I think should be fine for most people.

On the looks side, these things scream “audiophile” and “industrial.” They have a simple, yet professional aesthetic and their design makes them look unmistakably like only something a person really into audio would wear.

My listening was mostly done on a Cayin HA-3A amplifier, with the SMSL D0100 DAC, playing from Qobuz. I also did a little bit of listening directly on an iPad. The comparison between the two is that the tube makes everything sound much fuller with a more accurate soundstage.

2 Likes

@DJHastings and @ad103 reminder to please send tracking in DM and ship out the loaner units by Thursday.

Thanks for the reminder will do. I’d like to amend my last impression post. I just listened to these headphones with the Woo Audio Tube Mini, and I heard what can only be described as near audio perfection. Holy wow, the impact and clarity of these things when driven correctly is second to none for a closed back. I don’t know what’s up with my Cayin but this was immensely more snappy and clear. EDM especially was a revelation. Dude, the synths just felt so razor sharp and sonorous without being harsh or fatiguing at all. 10/10 for sound.