🔷 B&O H6

This is the official thread for the B&O H6. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Over Ear
  • Amp needed
  • Open Back

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

[Z Reviews]

[Metal571]

[BoredAtWork]

These are closed-back, the description needs changed. Use these at work and I absolutely adore these cans.

When my ears need a break from IEMs, I reach for my H6. Not an audiophile headphone, they are a bit more on the slutty side sound-wise. Very well built and well-suited for living in a purpose-built slim case in my backpack. Until someone tops the sound in a similarly robust set of cans, these are my top pick for the commute.

I’m looking for portable easy to drive closed backs that sound punchy yet balanced. My favorite portable headphones were the Marshall monitors. Not the most comfortable but I love the sound signature. Do These sound like they would like the H6s? or the Audio Technica M60xs?

Not heard the Marshall Cans so I can’t quite judge the Signature. M60x are amazing tho.

1 Like

You should try Marshall Z. The pads are not for everyone but sound really pops on them. To this day I can’t find anything that sounds better with rock music. If you want to get a better explanation of them gamesky reviewed them on YouTube.

Love my v1’s! Have not heard the v2’s. Anyone tell me the difference?

1 Like

Maybe old but here’s what a friend showed me from Amazon FAQ:

“the 2nd generation even perfected the pressure it is applied to your ears, so it doesn’t leak sound, but it’s not closed on your ears but but the foams sit right ON to your ears lightly.
Secondly, as in looks physically - 2nd Generations came up with newer color - for H6, it has a new color (summer/spring collection) Champagne Grey. As for the H6 Black the driver cover cloth has changed from the limish green to black which looks more sophisticated, classier and sleeker. Also the barrels on the headphone cable no longer have metal finishes but now fit through slightly thinner openings in many phone cases.
Finally, the biggest difference is the sound, you can clearly HEAR the difference between the 1st gen and 2nd gen. Although they have the same frequency of 20Hz to 22,000Hz and 40 mm driver, 2nd generation is housed with brass port to enhance low-frequency response and to ensure well balanced bass and treble performance and clear mid-range. Basically the original 1st gen., bass is lighter, a bit bumpy mid-range, overall volume and sound was a bit light even though B&O’s signature sound is suppose to be more crisp and less bass, etc.”
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you for the comparison.

these are very stylish headphones. I like the black ones with the green filter in teh cups

Yeah, they’re pretty great for the price they are selling for used on eBay now. I’ve seen some go for less than $100.