Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Here:

1 Like

Nice. Thanks! Might have to take the dive on these and see what happens. Anybody know how the tuning compares to the original BIE? Is the upgrade mainly just the dope detachable cable?

They are tuned different. PRO has less gain and upper mids

3 Likes

That looks kinda like the DQ6 and how my DIY foam mod affected it.

2 Likes

I enjoy the subdued mid to upper mids. MEST and IE900 both have that too. More enjoyable (less fatigue)
That DQ6 mod looks like I might give it a try.

1 Like

Here is my post on the foam mod:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Yeah pro tuning looks more like my preference. May have to make a move on this one soon. Kinda waiting to see what happens with the BLON Prometheus though. Any word on pricing yet?

1 Like

88$ on HIFIGO, its the A8, check under new arrivals.

Nice I saw it somewhere but the page still said $xx when I saw it. Ha! Thanks for the info. That might mean I go for the BIE instead then. I am looking for a budget beater set with good fit so the VE might be a better choice for that.

1 Like

Blon A8 - Prometheus

*Technical Specifications:
Impedance: 32 Ohm.

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz.

Sensitivity: 115dB.

Driver: 10mm New Lightweight Diaphragm.

Standard 2-pin connectors.

3.5mm gold-plated straight termination plug.

Price: xx$.

Well… it is a full size DD (very sensitive) in a small closed space
…I am starting to be very sceptical about this…

I am considering to order one but HiFiGo removed it from their website for now. But the big questions is: is it a meaningful improvement over the Blon BL03 or is it just an awesome looking IEM that sound the same as another one half its price?

That’s the $88 question right there.

1 Like

HiFiGo is a hype site.
They offer stuff they don’t have or cannot sell often.
Banned from here for (spamming iirc?)

They have offered me items to review several times and I have declined (just for full disclosure.)
When the DO HAVE an item, apparently they are fine with shipping and stuff.

2 Likes

That’s probably for the better that they didn’t replied my email regarding the Prometheus. I’ll wait for your review and comparison to other IEMs before buying it. Did you get the Harmonicdyne? They seem really interesting.

Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Arrived today. Have not oppened but will later. Looking forward to em :slight_smile: Will update here with 1st impressions

6 Likes

Above made by a well known amp company. They have a lot of fans so if this is tuned well it might catch on.

Below is upcoming Dunu openback. Not sure if this is an old pic, I was just sent it today,
IMG-0152

PD1 will arrive tomorrow

The set I thought it was turned out to be another new sets demo unit

4 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

That Dunu pic went around with the new cable pic. Cable nickname is Hulk Pro

2 Likes