Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Can’t wait to try it! ready for the slam jam

1 Like

Alright, after much deliberation, rewatching several videos and rereading essentially the entirety of some threads on here, maybe some coin tosses. I finally decided on my first official IEM!

Big thanks to everyone that’s given great views, advice, and keeping me somewhat grounded when taking my first taste into gear like this now that I finally pulled the trigger on an IEM

6 Likes

Congratz :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never liked Moondrop as a company and I’ve only had good experiences with Thieaudio (the Legacy 3 is THE set that got me exploring more new music than I ever had before that, and that may just be the best compliment you can give to an audio product)

The Monarch is on the list because I’m expecting it to be sufficiently different enough to the Clair (if it’s a clone with just slight differences in the bass I’d be disappointed)

And the XENNS is here because from what I’ve heard it’s a whole different ballgame, which maybe just what I need. As long as it’s not a fully dark set with everything else in the background

1 Like

Monarch might be more different than UP from Clair, judging by graphs. More analythical, sub-bass focus. It’s a monitor, really. More than I had expected.

3 Likes

I am aware of a set at about Mangird TEA $$$ and about TEA SQ

Just a heads up

12 Likes

Im ready. Fully ready. Been waiting for this in fact. Spill the beans 🥲

Trading my lunch for info. LMK your offer.

2 Likes

http://www.lotoo.cn/english/Hi_Fi_Player/PAW_S2/
A new friend for our IEM collections. (Even if I am still an L&P W2 fanboy)

3 Likes

Mangird Tea now has a challenger?

4 Likes

Do you know what is the DAC chip?
I can’t open the link :sweat_smile:

https://www.lotoo.cn/english/Hi_Fi_Player/PAW_S2/Specs/

Judging from the output power, it already lost against the L&P W2.

The price of the S2 is at this price due to the rarity of AKM chips. Since their factory was too lit for them lol. :rofl:

3 Likes

AKM = mucho fuego

Thank you…

it doesn’t look different from the S1. The same DAC chip?

Only more output power?

1 Like

Yup, same dac but different output power

They didnt specify the amp chip in the S2 though

1 Like

Ohhh okay

what about the pricing? Do not say $300 lol…

S2 is 250 usd.

I would go for the S1 or go up and get the W2 instead.

2 Likes

U are right… Lotoo kinda crazy with their prices

2 Likes

Its 100% due to the rare AKM chip…

2 Likes

They are nutz.
Told me "tough shit. deal with it" when i had a prob with a $4500 DAP Andrew at Musictek saved me on that one. Without his help I woulda been fucked.

Bought a Lotoo Paw Gold Touch was locked to Japanese language
Rep said he could send a Firmware with permission, to unlock for English or other.
Next day on FB he hadn’t sent and had…blocked me. :rage: I paid $4500

I used another account and showed the screen caps which was bizzare to have to doing.
Big money does not get big service.
Anyway, Andrew is top notch.
He saved me and exchanged for an English ver.
My Patreon won it for $100 :raised_hands:

9 Likes