Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

@Sonofholhorse: haven’t heard of them… I’ll check them out. Veiled or dark is what I’m looking for.

@Sonofholhorse: I just got into iem’s, and I’m trying to work my way up… That’s in the diminishing returns zone. Their out of stock everywhere, and can only be found used for $330.

I should have mentioned that they’ve been discontinued for a while; I managed to snag mine for ~$200 new back in the day. Just wanted to throw them out there since they were the best thing I’ve tried that fits what you described. I’ll add it if anything else comes to mind, especially if it’s cheaper and easier to find!

@Sonofholhorse: Alright then thanks! I’m just looking for something with a different sound. Alot of iem’s got a v shaped sound, and I heard the cvj cs8 might have a different sound. The Blon 3’s were called slightly veiled by some reviewers, I’ll throw those two in there for my 11.11 run.

1 Like

Can you explain the FiiO thing to me. I had no idea. Kinda off the grid. FH3

Missed some others, but seems most have problems with the DD dying so the bass quantity drops a lot.

I also quoted fiio but they havent responded at all: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-fh3-2-ba-1-dynamic-driver-hybrid-earphones.938384/page-23#post-15864499

My point though, isnt focused on the QC problem (every chi-fi brand will have it at some point lol) BUT to NOT try to say something like they are fixing the problem or that they know of it and is trying to find out the issue is NOT GOOD. And to try to dodge the responsiblity just because someone didnt buy from their “official” sellers is just pure BS when it is THEIR fault for having poor QC from the start.

3 Likes

I reached out to them and will share any reply I get. FiiO has always been solid in the communication sphere even when they were going through DAP FW growing pains. Not sure what’s up?

7 Likes

yeah its weird. I considered Fiio to be one of the best in chi-fi in QC and probably communication, so this situation is weird.

1 Like

First :raised_hands: lol…

3 Likes

Certified HiFi Guides 1st :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was interested in these given how well the Teas play, but since I already have the Legacy 5 on the way, it sounds like I ought to sit this one out. Mangird’s had a great track record so far from what I’ve seen/heard, though.

2 Likes

Great company, build, no Q.C. rally that I know. These are forr pop music lovers. The TEA is clearly better for my library and TEA and L5 are really close in graph and sound

2 Likes

TAPE 2 will be priced same as the original (just found out)

3 Likes

hahaha is that because Tin Hifi priced their P2 more than twice the price?

1 Like

I really want to try the P2, I just bought the FH3 so I won’t have the money

1 Like

Maybe? Smart move. I was happy to hear same $$ same driver polished tuning. That is a good recipe

1 Like

yes, glad they did that. Do you know when it is coming out? Any changes to driver config or just better tuned?

Better tuning before 11/11 is all I know so far.