Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I’m roughly a week away from receiving these beauties (not yet polished)

In the meantime I’m enjoying the Audio Lokahi!
Got the Geek Wold GK10 coming as well.

7 Likes

Yes, waiting for your comments on this one as you know haha.
Good times ahead!

1 Like

I have huge expectations, but at the same time I know how crushing diminishing returns are. That said, they’re lauded for having excellent price to performance ratio… Which is nuts to say about a set costing $1000.

I was :pinching_hand: close to buying the Monarch and calling it a day but an inner voice was telling me to go against the grain and pick something obscure.

On a completely unrelated note, I’m never going back to single ended. Balanced all the way. The Lokahi is absolutely nuts fed with a balanced signal. Easily blowing past all my other IEMs currently in my possession.

4 Likes

GOOD TO KNOW! I love mine already (day 2!) but only use 3.5mm from my Pixel 4a. Been looking at amps etc and now I have confirmation that it’d make a difference with these. Either a second hand nano black label or a budget dap / receiver like the M0 or BTR5 or ES100 and the like.

My country is somewhat the same, just that now only they’re trying to get their shit together when they originally suppose to do 5 months ago.

We had the short-listed testing as well and we only just started mass-testing this month and obviously the number of cases increases immensely.

Kinda hope they’ll cancel the olympics all-together.

1 Like

What a classic…that had it not had QC issues it likely would have sold better than BLON 03. The biggest seller ever.
Like a Greek Tragedy. A cautionary tale for businesses

How long is the wait time??

Damn do you take pleasure in subtlety! Well, whatever scratches your itch! Not gonna prolong this exchange any more. Enjoy your time looking at the graphs to your heart’s content, I’d rather enjoy some Biffy Clyro with…surprise surprise! With my ears!

A photo of both sets being compared by you would be appreciated since you have both sets and are critically comparing both right now?

Everything you’ve said sounds suspect to me from everything I’ve read, heard and seen graphed with my eyes. Maybe your Land graphs differently?

I, nor my ears have any desire to hear Land per its graph so I won’t be getting it in for the sake of comparison.

I’m glad you love it.

Again, would like to see a picture. Btw…. Land DD isn’t berry is it? I think the FD5 is. Stronger, faster, tighter (per all the above comments) and graphs louder & less sibilant treble? FD5 would be my choice. But…. Somehow Land bass is better? I’m Interested to hear how.

I never said I am critically comparing them NOW. I did in past. The FD5 belongs to a friend and I do not have it right now with me, but I compared the bass on both of them.

In case you’re thinking I’m spewing nonsense, here’s my review of 3DT where I compared them with my friend’s FD5:

Yup, Land bass is a bit better to me because it sounds a bit more controlled than FD5, while retaining similar power. I loved the bass of FD5, but I love Land’s bass even more.

Right. To be making judgement calls on two sets that graph that closely on memory? That’s what I thought. I’ll trust the graphs. Thanks for the picture. It’s real clear now.

Again, glad you enjoy your set so much.

Aquire a balanced dongle like the iBasso DC04 or E1DA 9038S and a high quality, thick copper cable and you’ll be cookin’. Lokahi scales greatly with power and balanced will provide that!

1 Like

4-5 weeks if you want one made from scratch just for you. Same price for universal and custom (!).

It’s been a dream dealing with the guy making it by the way, best customer service I’ve ever experienced.

1 Like

Sure, no problem. Once I get it again, I’ll post the picture for corroborating my impression.

Scared a wrong turn would destroy my hearing with the E1DA, but looking into an ES100 mk2, I’ve owned one before but never tried balanced from it.

Edit: also trying to avoid a daisy-cgain situation in my pocket. Found one DC01 that can ship from US affordably, but ES100 seems like best all over value and features right now ($70)

If you consider increasing your budget by 20 usd, I would consider the Hidizs S9 Pro. It’s really good.

Thanks for the recommendation! I’d like something within a week hopefully to start using soon, so I’ve been excluding AliEx and sales from China on eBay. Which obviously hurts affordability for any new in stock items that have already been imported.

1 Like

Get the Qudelix 5K, one of best purchases I made in last few years. Plenty of power for IEM’s and GEQ/PEQ ability from app. Supports balanced and SE output, can run on battery which lasts pretty long… Just get it :smiley:

4 Likes

I have an es100 bluetooth dongle. Each audio gear I own (bl03, aria, he400i 2020,…) sounds better with this than with the pixel4a output.

1 Like

Looking for one second hand, I’ll try splitting a new one into 4 payments otherwise.

I can get a used ES100 for $50 and that just seems like great value…