Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

37.4c in UK.
Whoa.
When is the peak of Summer?
Here is is around week of Aug 11-18

And a glamour pic.
Why don’t the big boys send me free stuff…look at the lighting!!!

5 Likes

We don’t have summer or in fact seasons anymore…just random crazy weather shit…probably be flooded next week or blow away, who the fuck knows :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

How’s the olympics stuff happening over there? Read some gnarly covid going around the olympic stuff.

I got my 1st dose of Sinovac last wednesday. Didn’t feel too bad. Only mild headaches and got tired easily for 2 days.

I tried the hearing test! 31 on my IEMS and I’m… turning 31 later this year! Pretty convenient I guess

Total shitshow…litteraly

Guy who wrote the Olympic opening anthem and Paralympic was a guy who boasted in a magazine about forcing a handicapped classmate to eat his own shit.

Toyota a top tier sponsor announced it will run no ads related to olympics as it may tarnish Toyota’s image.

They paid LOTS AND LOTS of money to be a top sponsor and are just cutting their loss.

The I.O.C is one of the most disgusting and corrupt groups in the World.

1 Like

Holy shit. That’s a lot to take in. Pretty shitty of them to even go through with it when Tokyo is under a state of emergency in the first place. Pretty dumb to even held it this year when they could just postpone it for another year.

There has been little to no fanfare at all about the olympics this year. Each country are just focusing on battling covid while the I.O.C. are trying to make this happen while risking others. So dumb.

Hope you’re staying safe over there. Do take care.

1 Like

For me it was around 16k and 30 years old, i am 38 and i am not treble sensitive at all, the FD5 highs sound quite pleasant to my ears.

1 Like

Damn! I feel bad about this actually. When I visited Japan in 2018, I saw the buildings where some Olympic events would be held. I felt bad that the celebratory side of hosting the olympics in one’s city/country was shot down later by corona.

Now that they’re having everything up again, it’s unfortunate to see how much shit is happening with it all :confused:

Love the food, attention to detail, social respect, and zen aspects of Japanese culture, but damn does it suck to see corruption and shit show. I’m disappointed Japan!

Hardly unique to Japan, more like typical I.O.C shenanigans and you’ve seen it pretty much everywhere the olympics have been organized. Contrary to normal, I’m kind of surprised to see how much opposition and dissenting opinions have come out from organizers and such during all of this.

But I shouldn’t trail too far off topic in this thread.

3 Likes

The built up anger at Bach sitting in his $14,000 per night 5 star hotel on the taxpayers dime for an Olympic being held in a city in a SOE where getting an I.C.U bed is like a lottery win.
Tokyo is 25 million people and they average 7k tests a day. 1,387 positives out of less than 10k tests.

EVERYONE knows the numbers would skyrocket if they tested like other major 1st world cities

U.K. tests 1 million a day
Japan 60-80K

Japan is Hosting people from all over the globe.

It makes no sense.

4 Likes

This is why I have always argued that politics should be kept out of most things but actual politics. It just leads to stupid things happening.

Yeah but I have listened to both, and hence telling from my personal experience, that Land has as powerful bass as FD5, if not more. Surely a direct listen is more reliable than just looking at a graph.

OK

Choice-supportive bias is a thing. It’s OK.

1 Like

I think they are pretty even with the bass switch on, and thats what he’s refering to.

My lands didnt arrive yet, UPS fucked up. They are sure they come in tomorrow. Lets see :joy: Ill give my impressions but fd5 has bery so, Im not hoping for the same type of bass. Bery is love, bery is life.

1 Like

Bery is faster, more impactive, tighter, all around better for my library.

1 Like

Yeah, beryllium is too good. Loved it so far.

Regarding the lands, if its close, its more than enough for me. Im keeping my hopes low, even tho i think Ill really like them. Its a about the music in the end of the day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beryllium is magic. Makes bass so taut and deliciously bouncy and the mids are so clear and vibrant. The Urbanfun YSF Beryllium version is one of my favourite IEMs (with some EQ) and it’s only also my cheapest set.

2 Likes

I just handed off my Be Urbafun to my father. The Fiio FH7 & FH3 are some of my favorite berry DDs. And yes, I completely agree, Beryllium is magic on a DD.

1 Like

^^^Yeah, I know it’s not a favored set amongst the hobbyist masses, but I still own a DUNU DK4001, and I still like it. The Beryllium full range driver is it’s saving grace…

1 Like

Got my Xenns UP coming soon, hoping that berry driver can satiate my basshead tastes.
Out of the box, I imagine it will be nice, but I feel like I’d be doing it a disservice if I didn’t crank that sucker with EQ to see if it can do sub bass at higher (than most want) SPL >=D
In Beryllium we trust :purple_heart::grin:!

6 Likes