Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Oh wow, haven’t seen a Nero track in a long while now :purple_heart::fire:

Flashbacks of Crush On You

But of course, more their far more iconic remix Sincere

2 Likes

Some of my soundtrack songs are my favorite things on the Variations. Yuki Kajiura being a particular treat.

Edit: also found this gem in my collection while looking for the last one

1 Like

Some kinda game of whispers:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Some folks were convinced the Sundara was actually re-tuned.
It’s a pad change…it’s always been a pad change.

5 Likes

I suppose that speaks to how much a change in pads can make if it convinces people that it was retuned.

Burn in and individual unit variation can also play a role so people getting the latest (or just a newer) set would lead to people hearing a difference too.

3 Likes

Yo WTH, people really have been saying the sound has changed.
I suppose it’s because of the LCD-X, an assumption was made?
That’s funny though xD

Pads on headphones are like insertion depth on IEM measure rigs.

Unit Variance is more often measurement dude variance

1 Like
1 Like

Revision?? :thinking:

Just to note, that is the OG Vega, not Vega 2020

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying :pray:

7 Likes

No ghetto screens…(Thank you God) :pray:

8 Likes

Not sure you understood the intent of me posting Josh’s video. There are more than one reviewer that were eluding to the fact that they believed that the Sundara had been changed (beyond a simple pad change), but obviously the Sundara hadn’t, per your post. Kinda funny, but also kinda sad.

It’s another case of reviewers talking about things before knowing the facts.

1 Like

No, I got it :raised_hands:
I wanted to add the #revision in tags in a pic and under that is no reply (top comment) as to if the tuning was changed as implied.

We are on same page

Many people who already owned Sundara bought another set instead of just some pads.

Wrap your mind around that one for a sec…

A. You can buy some new pads
B. You can buy a whole new set.
*never use old ones again
*sell for a loss

5 Likes

Cool. I didn’t want you to think I was posting Josh’s video as evidence that the Sundara actually had been changed by HiFiMan since Josh eluded to it. From his review, he CERTAINLY sounds as if he believes the Sundara had been overhauled.

When a reviewer implies things in this way, it’s easy for anyone to be misguided and take what the reviewer is saying as fact and want to hear the new, “much improved” headphone for themselves.

I didn’t fall for it.

If I were HiFiMan, I’d be slapping both Josh and Zeos on the back for all the hype that actually wasn’t real.

It’s nice to actually hear the manufacturer set the record straight.

2 Likes

Yea. I kind of got a strong idea from Josh that there was a revision. To find out pretty concretely and directly from Hifiman that there was NO revision (aside from cup swaps), is a strange feeling to experience.

Unless there’s more to the story still….but the message from Hifiman was pretty straightforward.

I think we are all forgetting the most important question… did Hifiman finally learn how to include a decent cable?

Is that the Shuoer single dynamic?

What do you tought about Geek wold? Gonna grab a pair and join thr hype train. Curious about it

Just to add to the bass head tracks, I really enjoy these two from Billie Eilish, but would recommend listening to them not on Youtube. I really enjoy the rumble on these tracks with the Legend X
bury a friend
xanny