Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Looks cool. Congratulations!!

1 Like

I think BLON 03 biggest legit complaint (besides fit) was too much mid bass
GeeK Wold takes the term bass bleed to a new level.
This is a Rock and hip hop library opinion.
If folks like that more power too em.
Iā€™m not gonna crap on a set in a vid just for kicks.
So, i doubt i do a vid.

5 Likes

Well that graph just kinda ruined my anticipation of the GK10. Iā€™ll be getting mine in somewhere this week, but my expectations have been tempered now after the bit of hype thatā€™s been going on head-fi.

4 Likes

Well Iā€™d wait for it. Some people are saying they are not hearing like its portraited in the graph.

I think that if it works for your library, itā€™s a very nice proof of concept for 45$.

I might grab a pair next week to prolly use it as a fun/beater set. But I dont expect it to sound like my teas or land lol. In the meantime, more opinions will surfice. With a library like HBB, its prolly a no go.

Unfortunately I was hoping these would be nice for (classic) rock, which is a large part of his library. TBH I mostly ordered them because I was interested in trying something with a piezo driver and didnā€™t want to fork over $300+ for the LZ A7 so itā€™ll at least be part of the collection, for better or for worse.

2 Likes

You did good. Its a nice and less expensive way to find out. Dont sweat it much, just test it, you might like it! If you dont, well, its just 45$ (which is a lot for some people, i know).

Also theres some controversial talking about the 8ohm impendance. I wouldnt doubt they would sound better in some equipment rather than other.

1 Like

I just read 2 reviews on Head Fi and they did not mention the obvious mid bass bloat.
ADI 2 DAC FS (output impedance is Audiophile 0.1 Ohm)

It was said to be sub bass focused?? And a set that sets a new standard in itā€™s pricerange?

Folks gettin hustled.

4 Likes

ā€œDsnutsā€

That is all.

Graphs should be required before the hypetrain rolls. Itā€™s 2021 and it is easy to get gears and the words that take folks money should have a bit of Objective (graph) backing.

3 Likes

Still blows my mind a simple frequency graph isnā€™t part of the standard marketing materials of any headphone release!

1 Like

Yeah, this bothers me a little. Sometimes graphs are misleading, but having one on a review is a must. Iā€™m still not sold and thats one of the reasons Iā€™m waiting for more info to surface before I pull the plug.

But the hype train is enormous. Either good or bad, someone did something well done on the promotion :rofl:

MEST MKII and O.G. do not fit any ideal curve for pinna gain so graphs do not tell a whole story but they absolutely must be A PART OF that storyā€¦in the beginning

1 Like

I like the guy. The only thing I dont like is when he starts talking about cables. He has always been nothing but nice to me and gave me good recs. Still not sure if he isnt on penonā€™s payroll

Lets not focus on the personā€¦any person.
Graphs are basic tools for the buyer.
Use that tool.

1 Like

Heā€™s got a habit of overhyping is what I was getting at.

4 Likes

I just read a comment about graph reliability/accuracy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The $6000 Traillii was never questioned. Itā€™s accurate.
The $5000 FuSang was never questioned and the tuner definitely saw that one.
The $4000 Elysian Acoustic X was not a subject of inquiry and the tuner definitely saw it

And so on.

The graph is ā€¦the graph.

5 Likes

Exactly, and there should be even more reason to get a graph setup when they get everything for free. Getting hundreds of dollars worth of gear and doesnt even bother getting a measuring setup (IEC711 is like 70 usd) or for the cable reviewers, doesnt even bother getting a multimeter which you can get for around 10-30 usdā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, the cable reviews are a trigger for me. I wont buy no hulk pro for my 600usd iem, specially blind. Hell no lol

1 Like

Yeah,

Like I said.
I just got a hand built and measured set (Elysian Acoustic) and it matched fineā€¦same with fusang

Thanks BTW.

1 Like

That GK10 is something that looks interesting on paper, but that graph looks horribleā€¦

1 Like