Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Did they stopped replying to you after the FH5s review ?

Fast shipping = 10 days?

Wonder whats the slower one, then :slight_smile:

How does it sound? People claiming its their best iem to dateā€¦

1 Like

I never contacted them.
They always sent an announcement of new gear and offered me any or all of them for review.
No contact after FH5s video

5 Likes

I was waiting for M11 plus review from your side :neutral_face:ā€¦canā€™t even buy anything watching porta fi, I dont rly understand all the heights and width in a DAP :joy:

3 Likes

Great video review on the FD3 @hawaiibadboy ! Unlike a certain someone on headfi who bashes on others about their way of reviewing iems in his FD3 review, destroying his professionalism along the way.

It does feel like some of the nitpicks that I have on my FD5 seems to be fixed on the FD3 somehow during your mentions in the video review, but no reason for me to get one down the line. Though, It is a great set if itā€™s similar sounding to the FD5 and at a lower price too. Back to saving up on the Moondrop Variations!

3 Likes

Thanks!

It really is a cheaper clone. Better bang for buck than FD5 but anyone who has that basically has this :+1:

6 Likes

Would you take it over Hana or Mele?

(Think I already know the answer :joy:)

Good video, glad you back and with full energy!

1 Like

Canā€™t watch the video right now so apologies if Iā€™m asking something thatā€™s mentioned in the video, but howā€™s the weight and size compared to the FD5? I found those not very comfortable, but Iā€™m thinking of buying the FD3 pro (partly for the cable).

Worth every penny/cent.
In fact I think Iā€™d pay double!

1 Like

Aged like a good wine. Iā€™d sell some sets to get that :joy:

Itā€™s definitely lighter and basically identical tuning

1 Like

Thanks.
Iā€™d take Mele and Hana.

FD3 is a more reasonably priced FD5

1 Like

When you have time.

Read the comments under this video.

I was thinking about my Mom because of this song and stumbled into a buncha folks with horrible and heroic stories.
Just blew my mind.
Whoa

2 Likes

Incredible. To think what a difference writing/performing a song has been able to make to others. So many sad happenings described in those comments. Theyā€™re a good reminder that you never know what people you meet are dealing with, or have lost.

1 Like

Here is my LCD-X EQ:

And here is my Fostex EQ:

Both bring the frequency response to Harman target which is my preference after trying many options, and both have a big bass boost.

I actually discussed the bass boost subject in depth with Oratory who is an acoustic engineer and he says there are studies about how different people perceive bass differently. He says there is no wrong setting when it comes to bass boost. For high frequencies there is a proven pattern and it deviates very little, but when it comes to bass it is a whole different story.

3 Likes

How does it compare to Legacy 2?

2 Likes

I knew exactly where that was going when you eluded to it in your video.

Great job with the video as always. You did an incredible job of not bringing any of the drama into it.

2 Likes

Just had time to watch your review; great job, loved the explanation on the mid-bass using the bass and vocals of Sultans of Swing.
Decided my next purchases will be the FD3 and the Mele (which btw, the release date is perfect for me :ok_hand: ) and maybe some mmcx to 2-pin connectors so I can easily pair the best cable tot he most used IEM.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really curious about your impressions on the FD3 when you receive it later on. Since youā€™ve mentioned previously that you didnā€™t like the FD5 that much. Looking forward to it!