Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Yeah, no filters on this one either…

1 Like

Cool, I think I want something portable though as I will be listening to IEMs mostly on the go.

I’m sort of wary of Topping products ever since the A90/D90 came out. Why? Well because while they measured extremely well, there were multiple reports from reputable reviewers of a sterile, boringly neutral, lifeless sound.

The Dethonray Honey H1 however, is supposed to be hyper lush and musical which is more up my alley. I derive pleasure not from analytical assessment of songs but rather the viscerality of the notes themselves.

2 Likes

What about something like Xduoo XD05 Plus or Topping NX4 DSD? They’re both proven good, this is first time I heard of that Dethronray (did I pronounce it ok?? )

The L&P W2 is meant to be a really good option for IEMs etc, there’s also the option of a used Chord Mojo which is also supposed to be a very nice device.

2 Likes

Can vouch for L&P W2 for iems :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah yes, I was interested in the W2 but I think I want to enter the tier above it power wise to really unearth the potential of my IEMs. I’m a big believer in more powah (as long as it’s clean).

Dongles dont really have more power than that. You will need a portable amp or dap instead.

2 Likes

I’d be carefull. My M3X was giving hissing on my TSMR lands, and it’s nowhere near that. If you go 1W @ 32ohm amp, u gonna have a bad time

2 Likes

Yes, that’s my thinking as well. Just really be done with it and buy something a little overkill ( in relation to my budget)

I absolutely can’t stand hiss, at all, so that’s the first thing I looked at and it’s supposedly pitch black dead quiet even on highly sensitive IEMs.

1 Like

That’s great then! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Land on M6 pro with high gain and M8 in turbo gain are dead silent with Land

1 Like

7hz timeless listed on Drop for 199$, worth?

Better DAP, I guess. Prolly less output impedance as well.

HBB recs it, but no one else got it yet. They are not being shipped yet. I’d say get it if the 200$ don’t bother u

1 Like

Probably better to wait for the sales on aliexpress. By then we will have more info on it as well.

3 Likes

Patience and IEM junkies rarely go together.

2 Likes

hahah, yeah. Especially with how fast the iem world is moving…

Well, people that buy from drop are patient. That’s why im never buying there

1 Like

At least IEMs don’t seem to be as insane as diy mechanical keyboard parts where if you do wait they disappear forever.

Rip. They get discontinued that fast?