Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

But wait, didn’t he teased a set that rivals Teas before :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

At some point I was really too much obsessed with Audio quality of the streaming platforms, leading me to be on many and realize that the most important (for me) was how practical it is and the recommendation it gives.

I tried Amazon HD and the divorce came up quickly. Suggestions, interface, even quality was not to my taste.

Apple Music, tried and stopped cause despite the good quality, I just have trouble with the UI and the recommendations.

Youtube Music. Audio quality is not the best, but you can find a lot of music cover that you won’t in other platforms, for this reason, I keep it active. (Also cause I keep it due to Youtube)

Tidal. At the beginning I was an MQA fanboy, bought an MQA Dac, and yes, after a while I realized that it is really random how good it will sound. However It is still ahead of YouTube Music.
Also, when on the move, I don’t listen in such a perfect condition that I will hear the difference. It is a placebo quality. (But my brain is stupid and the trick works)
What Tidal does great for me is music recommendation. I open it everyday, listen to suggestion and end up adding 1-2 songs each day. I discovered artists this way.

Qobuz, I love it from an audio quality stand point and cause I purchased music on it to get local Hi Res files. However I rarely listen to the app, most likely when I am at the desk, and I end up launching Roon.

Tidal: 60%
Qobuz and local files: 20%
Youtube music 20%

I know I don’t help to make a cost efficient decision, sorry!

1 Like

Oh…oh…Dunu Falcon v.s. Mele coming up. I should have it soon.

That bass is flattening in mid bass and terminating at the gain.
Not a believer in the fancy nancy diaphragms making that much of a diff to

*overcome sub roll
*overcome no mids/elevated mids
*overcome rolloff like B2 Dusk and Mele.

#tuningmatters
#thatshellisfinethough

11 Likes

Thanks for your take on the audio quality. I respect your choice of streaming due to the library. If most of what we want is there then naturally that’s where we lean to. I currently on Deezer, Spotify (local content and podcast) as well YouTube. My library 70% offline flac though. Looking to scout which platform that most of us here listen to that harbors the most music that we want. Thanks again for your time.

1 Like
15 Likes

Found Tidal disappointing and expensive and I joined when it first started. I find Apple plenty good enough.

Hmm… Interesting (Kbear Aurora)

Source: Buyers feedback in Aliexpress

1 Like

5 Likes

I think there’s a wrong label on that red line… No way it’s the same IEM :rofl:

Matrix - You have two pills: Red for death by bass and 10k peak or Green to pierce your ears with anemic bass.

Dafuq is that graph lol

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m at least confused by now…

In that graph, red looks good. What happened? DOA? >_<

Damn 16 configs, what is wrong with red filter tho.

Red means bass I guess :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are they any good ? After the disapointment with the A2 pro.

9 Likes

demmmmmn

1 Like

EVO is my guess? :wink: Be keen to hear what you think about their take on a hybrid with bone conduction drivers.

2 Likes

There are definitely many people waiting to see how they will sound, especially the bone conductor implementation. Hard to keep expectation low.

1 Like

“planning” :man_facepalming:

Let’s review:

Kanas Pro - :notes:
KXXs :notes:
A8 :notes:
S8 :notes:
Starfield :notes:
illumination :notes:
B2 Dusk :notes:

SSR :grimacing:
SSP :grimacing:
B2 :grimacing:

That’s the reality dude.
Look at my library and it might make sense.
Spending my cash to crap on shit is not something I have ever done.

Did you see my Geek Wold vid?
Exactly. I didn’t even do one.

If KATO is like the KxxS and starfield …which I rec’d…it would be pretty fucking stupid to suddenly have an issue with that profile/tuning.
I ain’t that guy, You don’t know me.
She is my Fiance’, not my Wife.

Don’t mail me :wave:

16 Likes

2 Likes