Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

No, looks like they took all the feedback and came out with a way to appeal to both crowds.
bass terminates at 200Hz instead of 150. If I am reading it right?

2 Likes

Oh man - the feedback I’d heard about Nimbus was that the tuning differed. This is one heck of a contra If the BA bass sounds like DD bass now… then wow!

I’m still happy and excited by listening to my current set, and it’s been months so far, so I don’t need to try these, but I know they sound great if they have Lokahi tuning + proper bass timbre. I can’t believe they achieved such close tuning.

My favorite warm-tuned IEMs ever.

1 Like

i regraphed both sets cuz that matching is just crazy…
It was a lag with tool updating

Still a tighter bass than the epic N3A

The 2

2 Likes

Well damn hopefully they’ll keep it in a similar price range or that the mkI will still be available for the forseeable future, the monarch’s been catching my eye

1 Like

I think they have been almost constantly in back order since they released the OG ver.

1 Like

Well fortunately where I live Linsoul’s Lazada shop keep a couple listed in stock(just checked and they have 4 of each Monarch and Clairvoyance) because the platform doesn’t allow pre-orders, and they’re required to ship them within a limited timeframe otherwise it’ll automatically refund the purchase and affect their seller stats. Though they do keep their listings very limited compared to their official website or AE, so probably gotta ask them in chat to open stocks for a particular item if they have it in stock.

It’s how I got my Oracle in 5 days from the 9/9 sale for $500 including taxes, though got unlucky with a problematic pair, hopefully I’ll get them back next week. Does Linsoul even do express shipping for returning repaired or replacement units?

1 Like
7 Likes

6 Likes

Audio demo channels is such a rarity in the music gear in general. Dan’s channel is a gem.

5 Likes

Zplot also does way before Dan but mostly for budget iems.

3 Likes

Demo is the most useless thing a reviewer can do.
You’re listening to some iem, on a youtube, on your headphones…

2 Likes

I really enjoy this channel and find it quite beneficial. Yes sound demo’s are not 100% due to limitations with the mic, room, yt compression, etc… But I have found the way this channel does the source material, chart, and then an A->B comparison it highlights how the two speakers will contrast.

Then when I went to listen to the same monitors in a demo room I was able to draw very similar conclusions to their performance.

5 Likes

You can easly tell if an iem is darker or brighter by listening demos. They are not that useless.

3 Likes

2 Likes

You can see that from the graph too. So again, it’s useless apart from that it’s a clickbait.

Any serious reviewer should have measurement tools unless you have IEC microphone built in your ears like Dsnuts on HFI has.

4 Likes

I think it fills out a space that was kinda empty. He found a way to distinguish himself. It is more a way to open up the conversation. Even himself warn that the demos is not the end of it all.
If you don’t like it, don’t listen to it, thats it. No need to bash on him or the people that do like the concept.
I like is take on it.

7 Likes

Might be useless in some situations but in terms of character, it’s a good point reference. It’s not accurate yes, but it tells a story how the iem behaves. Which, IMO, determine purchase choice. Might not work for you, but works for me.

1 Like

This…is nice and to the point

2 Likes

Totally agree with this statement. I know how Tea sounds and in sound demo it doesn’t sound like how I hear with my ears but I can understand the character. So, gives me another dimension to compare with other iems and some ideas how others can sound.

3 Likes

Information, even if its not accurate, its still useful. Efforts to make the sound demo in the channel is appreciated. :pray::pray:

1 Like