Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Should be the exact same driver setup: 1 DD + 6 BA + 2 EST

I believe they are just re-purposing the BAs. Something about the DD and 2 BAs being dedicated subwoofers in the MK2 vs ? in the original.šŸ¤·

1 Like

:grimacing:

It was the retune that got my attention rather than driver count but even the OG was a tad above my self imposed price limit but as a may have accidentally nurfed my S8Fā€™s i may be tempted to push the boat out.
The issue is what to push that boat with!

1 Like

Heā€™s been shocked before but hasnā€™t reacted. Well as he always preaches, libraries matter the most. So one mans garbage is another mans treasure.
Perhaps this tuning works with newer genres or bands

Yes, possibly. For instance RikudouGoku likes it on neo-metal / metalcore and I understand since on those genres I like Final E3000 and CCA NRA with similar bass tuning than Falcon Pro. Only an occasional guilty pleasure though. Not sure I would spend ā‚¬ 250 for it unless it is very special, so HBBā€™s warning is welcome personally.
You planning on buying it ?

1 Like

I ordered a Mele and have been patiently waiting 2 for almost weeks now. Iā€™m so tempted to order a different set to enjoy in the meantime. RIP deferred gratification :sob::sob::sob:

Iā€™ve been eyeing the Timeless & the Tea for a hot minute. Heck, Iā€™m also interested in the Dekoni Blues on the headphones department.

Did you try Venom on Mest Mk2?
Iā€™d buy Evua or maybe cheaper martini but I didnā€™t find many info about Liquid Linksā€¦

1 Like

@Viking_Cables
NTRAX MOD Design | Puchong :+1:

The Youtube shorts which are 1 minute limit let me give a quick opinion without going through a full video of trashing a set.

I mentioned in that 1 minute clip it was not good with my Rock & Roll library.

No, I use a Hart Audio cable on that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Venom coming with the X is not equipped with 2pin.
On my side I ordered the Venom with 2pin connectors, should get it next week, I will test on the Mest mkii

2 Likes
5 Likes

Nah, Iā€™m happy camper with my Mest and Z1R. Donā€™t need more than that

1 Like

Can you link me wich model in PM if you donā€™t want share it here?

Lowkey hoping you do a 10 seconds or less video one day like this :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m using this kit and matching 2 pin red IEM cable

3 Likes

Oh, I am going to keep doing the 1 minute non recs.
Great way to use that tool :fire:

9 Likes

Tinhifi EVO gets a minute
EE EVO gets a minute
iKKo OH1s gets a minute

7 of 10 things I get are non recs so there is a lot of content there.

13 Likes

anyone with a QDC V14 can share some impressions? maybe in comparison to MEST MKII?
Iā€™m interested in having a full ba set, have listened to U12T but unfortunately Iā€™m very sensitive to the 2k and 5k peaks, itā€™s fatiguing for me after a short whileā€¦
library mainly classic rock, jazz and electronic (not dance)

1 Like

I woke up to receive this status update, and I feel like a fool for complaining :sweat_smile: but now I can look forward to 11.11 and Black Friday for some new sets.

1 Like

I just received my ZEX, itā€™s not as harsh as I expected. Really good for $18.

One thing for sure these donā€™t like any EQ at all. It distorts like crazy and starts hissing. Is this a electrostat thing?

Is that Mele?
Glad it is finally shipping. :raised_hands:

They had 1.5K sets in mind ( I got told recently)
But the gang is flexing 5k :muscle:

9 Likes