Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Much appreciation!!

1 Like

I don’t know if it is heresy, but in flight I took the Mele since they are super small and wore ANC headphones over them so I could listen to the Mele with less noise from the plane and without upping the volume to crazy level. Worked!
Mele travel approved.

2 Likes

Thanks man!! :notes: :musical_note:
i never got to test that scenario :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Also, thanks for support :pray:

1 Like

Disgusting company…

Who, Linsoul??? What happened?

No. Moondrop.

My KATO cable is fucked and they offered to fix another guys set and ignored me…cuz my money is less valuable??

Oh…it might just be coincidence. Or they are ignoriring you, dunno. Maybe they know you have tons of cables :grinning:

Seems like it’s hard to get good QC with these rushed products, I’m also dissapointed in Thieaudio QC.
Driver in my Excalibur died after 3 months and I’ve waited almost month and half to get them checked and fixed.

1 Like

yes, it was the mele

that’s amazing news, i supposed they were building up supply for current & future demand.

best of luck to the linsoul team on 11.11!

1 Like
3 Likes

Chris, pretty random, but if you’re into Pink Floyd, the new 24-bit releases* on Qobuz and HDTracks are the best I’ve ever heard and I’ve heard literally dozens of different masterings since I’m somebody who’s obsessed with tracking down the perfect version of albums I like

*And yeah, I know they’re based on the 2011 remasters so it’s not really brand new, but there’s something different to these. The Wall and Wish You Were Here are perfect, highly recommend

3 Likes

Pink Floyd stuff is always important info. Thanks for the heads up :notes: :fire:

2 Likes

Did you purchased those albums from Qobuz?

No, HDTracks. Qobuz isn’t available in Croatia

I love the design of the Fearless, but they Look like a Trailli choking after swallowing a tennis ball.

3 Likes

I feel that the monarch mk2 will be awesome . And i have medium size ear’s :confounded: what can i do wait for kinera nanna 3.0 !:triumph::triumph:

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy please check DM, if you get time.

1 Like

Don’t know where to post this but since HBB’s video was the one that prompted me to get the KZ ZEX, I might as well share my initial thoughts on it:

• A/B test with QKZ VK4: wtf is VK4 anymore? YEEEEEET.
  • Weight: The IEMs themselves are pretty hefty, I’d say at least as heavy as Blon BL-05(s).
  • Cable: Far superior than the normal trash KZ oem cable although still not as good as aftermarket cables. The joined end is just the left/right joined together side by side to form a flat cable, but it doesn’t tangle or kink. My cable is with a mic, and the mic built is pretty decent, no sharp edges.
  • Stock tips: besides the mid-size rounded silicon that’s already on the IEM, they’ve also included three pairs of weirdy cubic silicon tips (S/M/L) (pic. 3). Don’t use these, too soft and don’t seal well even with the L size, no good for sound quality.
  • Tip roll result: the ZEX has a pretty small acrylic nozzle, and after tip-rolling everything aside from foam tips, the ZEX definitely benefits from short nozzle wide bore tips (tested Spinfit CP145, Final E tips). I’ve settled on the L size wide bore tips that came with Mele (see pic. 4 & 5); all other small nozzle tips darken the sound making it sound tunnel-ey. The Azla SednaEarfit Crystals also work with a tad more stage. One thing to note about short nozzle wide bore tips, it enhances both bass and treble clarity, so if you’re one of those folks that can’t stand too much bass, continue tip rolling.

As for the initial sound impression, these blew my mind right out of the box. I haven’t got time to A/B with my other sub $100 IEMs, but I could already tell the ZEX can compete big time with IEMs priced between $50-$120. The electrostat (?) compensates for the missing highs that single DD IEMs lack. I used to use QKZ VK4 as a laid back IEM for work and phone calls; now the ZEX completely demolishes VK4’s purpose to exist. Every track I throw at VK4 now sounds overly veiled in comparison to the ZEX. That’s it for now.

5 Likes

I expected a NRA clone and got my library man handled by this set. Was very surprised.
That 2nd driver in treb is damn fine when tuned good and they did that with ZEX.
Glad you like em.

1 Like

From Facebook.
Guy made them himself

17 Likes

Mele blue version look similar? I might buy them a few for Christmas gifts

1 Like