Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

tbh i dunno if i wanna go with the starfields (probably not buying these immediately maybe a February idea), or go with the shozy or fiio… because I have no idea what a balanced armature sounds like, since I have only used dynamics (only used a planar once and never used a BA driver)

If you want a ba only iem, I can recommend the Audiosense DT200 and possibly the DT100 but I havent heard that one yet.

You could always get the NICEHCK X49 Single BA IEM to see if you like the sound of a BA.

Excited for this. Would love to hear your reactions especially in contrast to the FD5 since you feel the Zen is fast.

but isn’t one BA doing everything from the bass to the treble just going to sound bad no matter what compared to a multiple combination with a dynamic

i just need something that can help me know if a BA driver will really sound better than the carbon nanotubes of the starfields and thus go with the shozy or the fiio OR i dont want them at all and stick to dynamica

7 Likes

It depends on the tuning. But generally it is rare for a single ba to be very good.

Final Audio fi ba ss is one that is considered very good. Also heard good things about the Audiosense DT100.

tbh experimentation is just scary and i dont want to waste up to 100 dollars

I understand. I am of the opinion that BA´s just arent as good as DD´s. But I am going to give more ba iems some more chances to prove me wrong.

You could try the NICEHCK X49 as that seems to be a good taste test of ba´s at a really low price.

I also see reviews just calling it bad so who knows

I’ll figure it out but in ocd

There arent a lot of options when it comes to ba iems in the budget range.

There is the Audiosense T180 (i have ordered one to compare with the DT100) that is using a knowles ba but it is more expensive than the X49 (still budget though).

5 Likes

I’ve been itching for a single DD lately, debating between the BElieve, FD5 and Zen. Any chance for a comparison or shootout in the future?

2 Likes

I have the Believe, and am very interested in the FD5 and Zen, so a comparison between the 3 would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

Definitely. Got my replacement BElieve recently. Vid coming

5 Likes
2 Likes

Also, just curious if you have any plans to eventually review the Unique Melody 3DT?

Yes I do :slight_smile:

1 Like

this(Kinera BD0005 PRO) vs FD1 or EA1? I dont know how they can do Be coating on EA1 for that price. wow. I know your a fan of Be drivers historically.

anybody done a full review on TC01, BGGAR hyped the shit out of these in a youtube vid, and called them the improved BL03 mkII , but then at yr end review called the BL03 the king over these… so Im confused.