Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

nymz regreted that purchase during the first 2 tracks…

If your library suits the tuning, it’s a great IEM for the price with good techs. It doesn’t work with most of my library tho. Anything that has kick drums, male vocals, bass guitars, etc, it’s a no go.

I’d say it’s a steal for $340 it’s a steal and a no brain over picks like DT600 or B2:Dusk. I’d still buy Teas for $200 over it for an all rounder with a library close to mine or HBB’s :man_shrugging:

EJ07 on the other hand… :smirk:

4 Likes

and @PopinTeddy loved that 2nd hand purchase from @nymz :joy:

One man’s trash (actually not) is another man’s treasure :call_me_hand:
Yeah, library matters.

5 Likes

What would you recommend to buy from hifigo under 500$ (really under, nothing even slightly above won’t work and only hifigo works for me due to the VAT etc) right now if not variations then?

I listen to everything where someone sings (no classical, no EDM, metal),
mostly singer/songwriters (both male like Ben Howard, Leonard Cohen and female like Fiona Apple, Norah Jones, Joanna Newsom), classic rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin (haven’t found IEM where LZ IV sound good yet), Yes), indie rock (Arcade Fire, The National, The Walkmen), rap (The Roots, Kendrick), alt rock (Radiohead), indietronica.

I had my mind set on Variations and now I am confused. I have MELE (1DD) and T800 (8 BA), so would prefer to go with some hybrid/tribrid. Timeless I would go probably on different occasion than 11/11 since the price today is almost the same as normally.

What do you listen to while loving Variations? I try to convince myself that I need to buy exactly them today, so… :slight_smile:

Lofi study music, chillhop, jazz hop, jazz, house, basically anything laid back. Vocals are not that important for me unless it’s Lawrence, Pamplamoose, and THE FIRST TAKE YT channel (Japanese studio recordings).

My favs are Tom Misch, Jacob Collier, Blue Wednesday, Funky DL, Anomalie, HAEVN, Mac Miller, Nat King Cole, Snarky Puppy, Kaytranada, Disclosure, Ours Samplus, Purple Disco Machine, Felipe Gordan, 田我流, Soft Lipa, Miwa, LiSA, Yoasobi… etc.

Anyways you get the idea, it’s very very scattered but vocals are not the key, I look for jazzy chords and harmony the most, so soft instruments with good sub bass extension.

Rock, metal, trance are the genres I rarely touch. Acoustic guitar >>> Electric guitar for me.

1 Like

Damn, so the trend Nymz and BGG are talking about might be real…
I listen to jazz out of non vocal music, but not that much I would say

Also double check the “discounted” prices on Hifigo before you pull the trigger. Hifigo’s website is not only messed up this 11.11, they also have some items that are “discounted” but priced $100+ MORE than what their official store on Amazon is selling. Watch this vid for reference:

2 Likes

Even then, I knew that some people who bought Variations would not like them because of the midrange, but I kept quiet because they would still accuse me of trolling. Best choice: 07m,Теа,Zen pro, NF NE4 (for an experiment, if you have money, if I know how well they tune their cheap models, these will be Beast).

1 Like

I get it. It’s crazy though as most thread craps and drive by recs are done by Moondrop fans.
The whole hobby knows it.

3 Likes

Thanks… You two bully too much. Guess who just bought the OG? :smirk:

3 Likes

Welcome

TO

MUSIC

1 Like

13 Likes

Got a crunch time choice for a dap. All sat in my cart waiting for a trigger pull. I was eyeing up the cayin, but it hasn’t shifted in cost.
All devices are good for my budget.

Sonically, the differences are minor.

M11 /pro (some discounts)
Cayin n3 pro (not seeing a major discount)
Hiby r5 saber (some discounts but way cheaper then above)

For dog walking my 60kg turkish mastiff through local forests…so the battery life on the devices are all more than adequate.

I want that 4.4 on the go…

All have their plus as systems. Reviews are all positive on all of them. (Although few years old)

My current sets are teas, lz a7, tin p1.

Thoughts people?

SQ N3 PRO
M11 PRO is really about same without tube amp option (a great DAP)

1 Like

Thankyou brother.

I appreciate the input, much thanks from a fat cook .

1 Like

No prob,
From a dude who loves to stuff his face with great food :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to see Tinhifi putting in some effort

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing if you get your hands on the Thieaudio V16. The V14 is very tempting but I waiting for impression on the V16 before I decided what I do. Didn’t think I’d ever want an all BA set but I figure why not give it a shot.

1 Like

Yeah I just crapped on them in a vid and one of their better sets if not best drops in my lap :man_shrugging:

I will :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Based on your library, the Variations might disappoint you. I love mine due to my library (Techno, DnB, Trance, House, etc…) but I also listen to a lot of female vocals which I think this excels in also besides it’s sub bass emphasis.

2 Likes