Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

They are.

14 Likes

Wow now that’s one sexy looking set :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I try not to build too much expectations to not be disappointed. But the specs are promising.
I will refresh tracking often and wait for your review!

4 Likes

It will be interesting to hear what you guys think on this set…Elysian Acoustic X v’s MEST Indigo …:moneybag:waiting :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you listen to K-Pop 80% of the time, the Variations can be your endgame IEM. It’s already mine for it.

The only thing I can say is, don’t expect for it to sound amazing when listening to Rock with male vocals and guitar riff details. Listening to Final Fantasy XIV “Shadowbringers” and my FD5 was able to get those guitar details out in the left channel better than the Variations at the 3:38 - 3:55 mark. I could barely hear it in my Variations while the FD5 was able to bring it out clearly.

2 Likes

I was not a fan of FuSang which ruffled some feathers.
It’s all about library folks. Too much vocal and electric guitar harmonics.
Indigo is a damn beast

P.S.
That Tinhifi is the best they have made and one of the best sub $100 DD period.

6 Likes

hey HBB, listening to the Xenns Ups that I bought based on your repeated recs, they’re spectacular, stunning for classical music and opera, fantastic for rock and very very good for rap and pop. Very glad I listened to you and not the various naysayers or faint praisers. Thanks man, keep on keeping on.

6 Likes

Hey HBB, since you have both ZEX and DQ6, can you comment on the noise floor and stage between these two?

I love my ZEX, the only downside is the noise floor on whatever amp I pair with, FiiO K3 (shouldn’t be) or xDuoo MT-602 (understandable). Does the DQ6 have the same issue? Also, does the DQ6 have a wider stage than ZEX?

Thanks for the trust

Music don’t lie

2 Likes

Worth a blind purchase having Mest Mk2? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I really love Mest Mk2 and Oriolus Crassirostris with Hiby RS6 :heart_eyes:
Nice dap!

4 Likes

Did they just nick you Mele tuning !
Bout time TIN ditched the bullet shells…wonder if it’ll be available before Xmas?

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy did you have a chance to get your hands on the Empire Ears BRAVADO MKII?

1 Like

12 Likes

I want to send the pictures to oriolus.
This set is really gorgeous.

2 Likes

Like the Ely X and Traillii the Indigo has 4EST
Does it make a diff?
In quality, to my ears with harmonics of vocals and electric guitars…absolutely yes.
Less intensity by scale, higher quality by ear.
Why only 200 units? This is an improved MKII. They sold lots of those.

4 Likes

do you listen to jazz? how are the XENNS for that? sax, hi-hats, upright bass, piano…

also, can you tell me what other IEMs you have (and/or love) just so I get the sense what type of tuning you usually go for? Thanks :slight_smile:

HECK. JUST HECK.

3 Likes

Interesting…

6 Likes

I don’t listen to jazz that much anymore, but for your benefit, I spun some Black Saint and the Sinner Lady and Love Supreme and Kind of Blue. No complaints here, it reminded me of what I’m so impressed about with the Ups playing classical – the sound is so natural and lifelike, to me the perfect tuning with just a slight hint of a bass bump, like you’re just sitting in the audience a little closer to the bassist’s side.

Handles the chaotic complexity of the Mingus just as well as the sparer, airier compositions from Miles. Great instrumental timbres, detailed but very round and mellifluous

5 Likes