Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Did anyone receive EJ07m Lava?

No, not shipped yet!

1 Like

So I contacted Shouer and asked when they will be shipping out Kinda Lava.

They said this week or early next week.

I didn’t get an answer on shipping time though, not sure which courier they use.

2 Likes

Finally got a page. :notes: :boom:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

18 Likes

They really look gorgeous :::
I know it is silly to reply just to say that… but, this might be one of the most beautiful IEMS, near the Monarch MKII, that also look gorgeous.

5 Likes

Man I have really begun to love the look of Kinda Lava. That bright red just POPS and with the pattern on the faceplate, it is just really gorgeous on the pictures, I bet it is even better looking in person.

I also love the fact that it goes so well with white tips.

By the way, I will be doing a comparison of it to the MEST MK2 so stay tuned? Also IKKO OH10.

Will be driving them with Cayin RU6 and 3,5mm output on 2021 Macbook Air.

9 Likes

This will be very interesting … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

IMO, I’d get the Lava in a second, but the QDC 2-pin is a major flaw for me. Every system has its flaws, but regular 2-pin is the best for me. I ruined my Legacy 3 because the plastic around the protruded slot on the IEM shell broke and they kept falling out
The regular EJ07 awaits one day (wish it had the Lava design tho!)

Shuoer EJ07/EJ07m/Kinda Lava/S12 are regular 2-pin. Not sure about the others.

1 Like

Then maybe I have my terminology wrong and it’s not called QDC? I meant this

vs

this

I want the second one, the first one was on the L3 as well [EDIT: I see now that newer batches of the L3 have the regular version, mine had this fucking thing
]

It’s the same, just cable has conections L-shaped.

4 Likes

Alright then! EJ07 Lava back on the list! :smiley:

Sorry for the confusion, y’all

7 Likes

Definitely regular 2-pin (guess the stock cable with the angled connectors makes it look like a QDC)

2 Likes

Same thing happened to my L3 which ended up in the bin.
I Hate that connection type, won’t buy any item with it.

1 Like

I’ve seen several reports of broken qdc too. But it seems to be repareable if you take care of it soon enough. The other wai around is cutting the protruted part and transform it into a “classical” 2-pin, but I get why some people would be reluctant to do that on a 700$ set :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

@Frainen did you like Focus EDM? I’m thinking to buy a bass cannon😜

I did like it as a fun set that I could use for some occasions. I ended up giving it to someone as they are very tiny and I had a bit of trouble with the fit. Also, I received more expensive bassy sets, so it did not make sense.
For its cost it is a decent set if you want to go with EDM and have fun.

Wich is your Bassy choice?

we talk about TOTL pricing, but Fir Audio XE6 has been a revelation for me. being the set I wanted for strong low end. Kicking EE legendX, EVO, Mext, out of the ring.
You are already on the thread on the other forum, so you see how some people like this set :slight_smile:
However I keep repeating it is not for everybody.

5 Likes

Found my old cassette tape player when I used back when I was a kid and instantly went on a nostalgic trip. Wonderful to know that it still works!

21 Likes