Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

coughing triggers the double tap on the Sony earbuds (when the wide area option is checked)
Brilliant feature for a covid time. Thanks Sony

4 Likes

Itā€™s a strange hobby aint it!

1 Like

Commenting on a persistent issue which causes to product to fail in its primary function is about product, not the person.

I would suggest that making light of these issues, is not a particularly helpful strategy.

2 Likes

I already talked to the buyers in 2 videos. Nobody hiding under rocks since that never helped anyone.
Enjoy Head Fi.

1 Like

Alright man, not really interested in a tit-for-tat on this. You said the reception was due more the person than the product, ie the product is ok, the problem is with the commenters. I didnā€™t mention any rocks. I hope the issues are rare, and the customers are happy. :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Nor do I :beers:
I have spoken to customers, gave them voice, repayed some direct and spoken with Linsoul.
Design was changed as were the filters.
I obviously did not get into this to bother folks.
I want them to enjoy music :notes:
Having folks not like tuning is a thing that cannot be helped.
Having an item outright fail is B.S. and I would be raging.
There is no excuse. There are reasons but customers want there moneyā€™s worth and excuses are bullshit.
Nobody cares.
I would not care.
Gimmie wtf I paid for.

Didnā€™t mean to come off as an asshole which i kinda amā€¦but I love music.
I want everyone to get what they paid for

11 Likes

If itā€™s what Iā€™m thinking of, didnā€™t they say they cycled for 30 minutes before the issue manifested?

I donā€™t expect a single one of my IEMs to handle sweat in any way. Thatā€™s what the IPX6 and above TWS are good for. I know technically a lower IP rating should be fine, but when I get seriously sweating, I donā€™t want to take risks.

Unless itā€™s a specified feature in the marketing, why are people expecting an IEM, designed based on how well it sounds and fits, to be compatible with their sweat?

Is anyone trickling water on their Katos and holding it against them?

3 Likes

I think the condensation issue is overplayed however I have experienced it multiple times now. It never affected the sound as much as I could tell but it only happened with the short, wide bore stock tips

1 Like

I was just sitting at my desk at work when it happened. Only reason I noticed was cause I was tip rolling at the time. Wasnā€™t even using them for more then an hour before or two before it happened roo

2 Likes

Itā€™s not overplay. It happened and left some folks legit pissed.
Iā€™m sorry you had that. I think Iā€™d be less understanding than you are being

6 Likes

I mean overplayed in how wide spread the issue is. Iā€™ve only read less then a handful of actual accounts. Donā€™t get me wrong, I think itā€™s something that 100% shouldnā€™t happen and am mad thatā€™s itā€™s happening on my set. I havenā€™t tried to persue repayment or some kind of fix beause it hasnā€™t effected the functionality of the IEMs for me yet but if it does Iā€™ll definitely be reaching out. Is there a known fix?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s fair. One of the complaints I read was about the state of the filters after 30 minutes of exercise and that just seemed irrelevant.

3 Likes

Personally I would never use IEMs to exercise since thatā€™s what TWS is for, but everyoneā€™s different I guess :man_shrugging:

Oddly enough I work out in my Olinas (using UTWS3) and have no condensation problems. Only when I sit around and listen for extended periods

3 Likes

Thatā€™s so interesting. I wonder if that helps to narrow down the cause at all.

Do you drink a hot beverage while youā€™re sitting down and listening?
And it is condensation not earwax? Sorry for the TMI question

Hmm I remember reading that and I find it hard to believe drinking something hot would cause condensationā€¦ I do have a coffee every morning however its never really hot and IIRC I noticed the condensation in the early afternoon.

It is 100% condensation. It is literally a little pool of water that forms on top of the filter. I have only ever noticed it with the medium wide bore stock tips and so far I have used these tip configurations:

1. stock medium wide bore (black)
  2. stock medium narrow bore (grey)
  3. stock large wide bore (black)
  4. stock large narrow bore (grey)
  5. reversed large narrow bore
  6. reversed medium narrow bore

Ill play around with more tips and try and see if I can replicate. I have yet to actually encounter any impact to sound that I could notice but I definitely do not have golden ears.

Also for some more information, I have mostly been using the vent mod but have tried double damper as well (currently using that again) and have only noticed it with vent mod

2 Likes

Wow thatā€™s super weirdā€¦you donā€™t have golden ears but possibly watery ears :sweat_smile: I hope it continues to have no affect on the sound!

1 Like

ā€œI tried swimming with them and . . .ā€
ā€œI tried showering with them on . . .ā€
Clammy ear sweat is usually a problem with closed back headphones in the summer time. The Olina is comfortable enough to confuse with sweatproof, exercise earphones; however, the sound quality should be a dead giveaway that they are not exercise earphones.

2 Likes

a quick recommendation from someone with a more watery type of earwax to anyone having condensation:

try to get a deep fit with any metal iem. if i dont get the metal shell in contact with my outer ear to warm the rest of an iem (i dont own mele or olina, fyi) iā€™ll get condensation on the inside nozzle with any metal iem in about 30 mins.

2 Likes