Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Yup, tried with local files in FLAC quality as well. The signature of the player carries over!

BGGAR if you find yourself with a set that is just a little too shrill, energetic and powerful in the treble and highs, Amarra can be exactly what you need to tame it without having to change any physical component in the audio chain.

I deem it the most important discovery in my audiophile journey and I’m sad I rarely get to talk about it because I’m generally immediately dismissed.

You should try it for yourself and do a video on it :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

If you are a lover of Bass.
Listen to rap and hiphop, metal and rock.
Rammstein
Massive attack
Danzig
Eyedea and abilities
Deftones

Would the ikko oh10 still be relevant?
Would the new Lokahi do better?

Anything else in that sub 300 dollar range?

Call me vain, but extra points if the thing is also crafted beautifully. Sound has prio tho.

Also, I have a question for @hawaiibadboy if he’d be so kind answering.

I have the GL2k which you did a solid review on. I like the thing very much although I don’t give it enough power. Only have my Fiio Q5s type c which is half a watt. Site says 2 watts minimum. I like the sound but I play it fairly low volume because of the low wattage.

I need portability and bluetooth.

Right now there’s only portables that deliver one watt tops. Xduoo has a new one and ifi has one.

Would you say that those are enough to drive it to it’s potential or at least close? Or should I wait until some company makes a portable that delivers at least 2 watts?

The ifi signature would’ve been great for example if it only had bluetooth… however is quite expensive.

Thanks!

I can’t speak much to other options in that price range (sound signature) but will say that I LOVED my OH10s! I love the fit, quality build, and sound for thetype of music you listed. Some folks complain about the weight but with good tips (proper fitting with good seal) and the way they fit my ears, I just loved them! I used them for quite some time while hiking and playing disc golf listening to flac files of Deftones, old AC/DC, SOAD, Tool, etc. I really enjoyed their sound signature… Fun.

I have since graduated to Fearless S8Fs and Thieaudio L9s.

1 Like

Yeah Q5s not ideal…underpower distortion is real. Xduoo is close with no headroom.
I’d ask around, the high power + portable+ BT combo is not an area I speak much too. My recs could suck so I’ll wish you luck. But yeah, Q5s not giving it it’s needs

Thanks anyways good sir!

1 Like

Thanks man, good to know!

1 Like
3 Likes

I like most of that graph but I’m pretty sure that massive mid hump would murder me. Still curious though, just because it’s such a rare driver type.

Listening to music is …like being there. Very cool experience. Folks should really get a demo if they can just to try it

Asgard 3, V280, and Rupert Neve with the bifrost 2 DAC for the Neve and Asgard and soekris 2541 for the Vioelectric V280 will be my future setup.

1 Like

looking forward to seeing your review on the Jotunheim 2

Very much looking forward to Jot 2 :sparkles:

1 Like

The 789 a balanced amp with built in maracas and compass?..:laughing:

3 Likes

3 Likes