Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I’ve never had an issue with my 789, but it’s one of the originals without the DROP logo. Sorry your 789 is defective Chris. What is your opinion of the actual sound of the unit? It is a very powerful and linear amp. What would be better alternatives to the 789?

I’ve heard the Jotunheim 2 is colored considerably.

1 Like

SQ is dry and clean. No probs with SQ or power :call_me_hand:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey Bad Guy, I just discovered this thread and realized that your account on head-fi isn’t just some guy. It’s bad guy good audio reviews. Color me surprised!

I remember you popping in at the AirPods Max thread there. I remember some people taking your critical commentary as too negative, but putting it all together with your channel and history with gear, I appreciate the honest critiques. Not my style myself, but appreciated nonetheless.

I’ve grown to respect your opinions too on what sounds good.

The GL2000…yup, great sound.
The Clairvoyance, I’m ordering a pair now.
The Mest, I’m on the audition waiting list.

I’ve had less luck with Crinnacle’s ranking list. He ranks on a bias for neutrality when he scores tone. I like how you have your own curve you argue for. And your take against the Harman target makes good sense to me. Small sample size, and it’s just something some people liked. That may not be what we like.

I also am a fan of how you specify exact places where a headphone works, from attacks and decays of instruments to how forward and back stuff is, etc. It’s an approach I like to take myself.

I’ll still say the AirPods Max have fun aspects to them though :wink: Even having returned them for not being all-arounders, I still got quite the kick out of bass guitar and live instrument performances in general. But hey, we all have different tastes.

3 Likes

Thanks.

GL and Clairvoyance are great. Very good sets. I hope the MEST is a JP version. The international one is a tough fit. The BC driver works better with JP and CIEM due to fit. If you demo the Intl…good luck (fit) :pray:

1 Like

This isn’t the first time someone hasn’t realized who you are. It happens constantly here. If it is possible, maybe ask the admins to change your name to your youtube review channel name for clarity? Just an idea.

1 Like

Wait unless I mixed you up with someone…well anyway. If it was you or not, a guy named Hawaii or not…

Your reviews and taste are solid.

1 Like

Thanks. Those 3 sets you mentioned…probably me :innocent:

1 Like

Damn, that thats a fine list sir, I was looking at n3 over others to get more sony in my life, but the mangrid tea being so high has me thinking for sure…

1 Like

I keep coming back to the Mangird Tea and am always astonished how good it is for only $300.00.

2 Likes

I think my fdx1 will be similar tuned so that is the hesitation. When I get to collection mode I try to find different things best option depending on music genre.

3 Likes

Loving the Clairvoyance. Just got them in and they just blow the FH5 and Blessing 2 out of the water to my ear.

The best comfort. The best cable. The best sound. Real top tier experience. Closest I’ve heard to top quality on my limited IEM experiences.

3 Likes

Both are good, but they really sound quite different. Timbre goes to the FDX1 (no surprise), but the Tea has wonderful holographic imaging.

2 Likes

Fantastic set. They playback my library like champs. Very good choice :clap:

1 Like

2 Likes

The guitar at the start of Aerosmith’s Walk This Way. You kidding me with this? Unreal with the Clairvoyance.
This whole “70s Smash Hits” on Apple Music is just a heck of a time right now.

Sitting back enjoying the hell out of these IEM’s. Fantastic recommendation BGGAR. I seriously have to consider Mest now. Damn you! (Thank you!)

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the your Clairvoyance! I have both the Clairvoyance and Monarch and love them.

1 Like

That is right down my library “alley” :call_me_hand: Sounded great to me as well :sparkles:

1 Like