Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

MiM Audio Dark Magician ($599)

Meze Audio Advar ($699)

Thor Mjölnir MK2 ($399)

Shanling MG600 ($639)

Sennheiser IE600 ($899)

These new DD bois need comparison!

4 Likes

In case you have some of these older sets lying around @hawaiibadboy, might be nice to add to a top-tier DD battle:
Oriolus Isabellae
DUNU Zen Pro
Softears Turii

2 Likes

And MoonDrop Illumination :+1:

4 Likes

You all forgetting Olina :disguised_face:

6 Likes

Haha the Olina is a beast, but I thought this was for TOTL / high-end single DDs?

2 Likes

Olina be like…

7 Likes
8 Likes

niicceee! Pumped for the Hybrid Wars :raised_hands: :raised_hands: What’s on that list right now? Canon, Tea MK2, Volume, Dusk, Xenns UP?

2 Likes

Canon,
Tea MK2,
Volume,
Dusk,
Xenns UP
Hekili

Yup, I have all of those on hand :beers:

5 Likes

shipping has been a wildcard the last week or so (especially in the states with the blizzard out of nowhere)
I’ve been getting Fedex packages delivered by USPS, USPS delivering Fedex and UPS delivering Amazon lol

2 Likes

You made a really good point in the video that resonated hard. This hobby is very tribal. I only watch a few YouTubers at this point, but I do find my self fleeing to the forums immediately after I watch the video to
See if they’re spewing BS or not. I’ve quickly become so trustworthy of this community because I know for a fact that a majority of us on here don’t have any other influences aside from our opinions and our shared passion of the hobby.

8 Likes

I appreciate you giving some review time to brands we don’t see very often.

Yanyin - only the Aladdin got attention before the Canon, otherwise I hadn’t heard of them
TRN - the only well known brand on that video
Kinera - I have seen them talked about, but mostly before I got into the hobby.
Heartfield - was a brand I had never heard of at, so well played

I only listen to a few, one that I nearly always agree with, and one I rarely agree with, and a couple that I have to really figure out what they liked or didn’t. I try to reach for other takes, mostly to get to myself to think critically.

Agreed, people here are pretty quick to call shenanigans, which is a good thing.

1 Like

It’s funny actually. I don’t think I agree with one reviewer all the time however, I feel as though Chris is the least influenced by other websites and brands and what not. I feel like maybe some people see Chris as a little harsh but I absolutely appreciate that the most about him. Crin is also up there too, however, he does have a weird relationship with Linsoul which I always have in the back of my head. But I like the way you go about it for sure.

And I do enjoy the fact that our community here at least will call any kind of BS, pretty non-apologetically. It’s critical. Especially when potentially thousands of dollars are on the line.

2 Likes

Got a good deal on a Kinera Norn for $325. It’s my first Kinera IEM as I’m still waiting on the Urd to ship. I can see the lack of appeal to it for a lot of individuals. Has a very unique tuning to it I can’t put into words. Interesting what I’ve noticed is that for me it sounds more off at higher volumes. Not that high but, at the volume I usually listen to other IEMs on at least. I’m finding extreme satisfaction with it at lower volumes though. Has great isolation in noisy environments while still allowing the bass frequencies to shine. With a lot of other IEMs I find myself turning up the volume to get the same satisfaction. Probably wouldn’t have been a keeper at full price but, definitely satisfied with it at $325.

2 Likes

Yeaaach, awesome. I’ll be waiting in line for the premiere.

1 Like
11 Likes

:hushed: You got my attention… How does it compare to cannon and Tea 2?

1 Like

Hooray! I’ve been dying for you two to meet. :beers:

For a while now the AET07/A07 type eartips have been giving me the best comfort and bass impact/texture with the Serial. Red core in my case as I’ve found inserting the Serial deeper when possible is an all round win.

6 Likes

Choo, choo all aboard the hype train!
hype-bane

2 Likes

At this point I’m basically a Thie shill so take it with a grain of salt when I say I’m STOKED :fire:

4 Likes