Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Based on the comparison of the two graphs between Mele and Chu. This is an improvement from my version (RED) if there will be a next generation of tripowin single Driver after Mele and Olina.

Just my dream :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been going back and forth trying to figure out my next IEM purchase. I was looking at the MEXT, the KLā€™s, and the UP.

But from @hawaiibadboy reviews of the OG Mjolnir, the price compared to the others, and what youā€™ve said about it. I think I have to grab it.

Can you compare the Mjolnir mk2 to the OH10 for me?

1 Like

Itā€™s got a weird bump at 100Hz on the ad graph and mine (squiglink smooths it a bit)
They gotta have the closest to reality graphs in the biz. Moondrop and Thie

Some companies scales are waaack

8 Likes

Yep for sureā€¦CEO, maybe we should show a frequency response graph on the packagingā€¦Marketing, I got thisā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™d be doing you wrong trying to elaborate a comparison to the OH10. I sold mine probably two months back and it kind of sat around before that. Only thing I can say for certain is the OH10 often times had to much treble, possibly to sharp, on a lot of songs a like. Then the weight and fit of the shell just didnā€™t work for me. Didnā€™t sit well with me for fatigue free listening. Thatā€™s about all I can say without going into gray area.

On a side note if your in the market for a Mext I have one for sale for a fair price. Not sure if I can go into full detail on where here. Only getting rid of it because the UM shells just donā€™t work well for me.

6 Likes

16 Likes

Sorry to be a bother again, but anything you would like to add regarding the Mjƶlnir MK2 ? Im so excited haha.

Could be anything, but mostly looking for more insights into the sound. You feel good about them still? Better?

1 Like

Same problems with my oh-10

1 Like

I donā€™t mind the OH10 fitment. But for the bass of the Mjolnir mk2, do you feel like it graphs similar to the OG Mjolnir? Is there a subbass drop?

Has anyone seen a graph of the mk2 yet?

Not sure who this is but he had the THOR OG

5 Likes

TinHifi P1 MAX

9 Likes

Oh man the $300 category is getting really competitive. Would you rec the Serial over the P1 MAX? Just curious to the pros and cons of both like resolution, staging & imaging.

I think Serial is special like EJ07 OG. Turn up the volume and it slowly steps up from awesome to amazing.
Tinhifiā€™s latest is arguably the finest tuned planar ( I pref a tad more bass ) but I know many can/will throw a 250-300Hz shelf and be in planar heaven.

I still love hook but i can see the crowdā€¦and this will be popular

8 Likes

Would you say the Serial matches the P1 MAX in-terms of sheer resolution? Deciding to pull the trigger on one or the other :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No. Because of the overall tuning the MAX is probably the best at that out of the planars.
Not res from spikes in treb range but because nothing is getting over on anything else. Bass and mids and treble all hold hands and never get in the way.
Iā€™d take Serial but just res? (fingers sliding on fret board, piano keys, bass string pulls and releases)
the minutiaā€¦MAX

6 Likes

In that case Iā€™ll probably get the MAX then and finally add a planar to my IEM collection :sunglasses: Gonna save up for the 07 or any other potential endgame offerings that comes out later.

1 Like

Badum Tss.

Having both P1max and Serial next week. Gonna be fun!

7 Likes

:hushed:

Curious to what your thoughts are of them!

1 Like

Iā€™m reading some good impressions of the new Tinhifi T1S (beryllium DD). @hawaiibadboy will you review it? Itā€™s 20 USD on AliX right now. Would be fun to compare with the Chu

3 Likes

Also getting this one with P1max. I wonder about CRA+.

God, so many sets for the price of a meal.

3 Likes