Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

@hawaiibadboy What exactly does taping the vent on the EX800ST accomplish? Because looking at the your squigs for it doesn’t appear that much different.

BIG, bass increase. Goes from neutral ish to monster bass. That is for bassheads only.

8 Likes

Heat stroke city was too close to me today.
That guy is a pro from Krazybee and he quit after 15 rounds on the 50 c pavement.
Brutal brutal stuff

Happy Obon

3 Likes

It becomes a bass hammer that will take a full 800mW w/Bass boost and detroy your ears with 45Hz car test tracks long before it audibly distorts.
16mm of Sony savagery
Protect your hearing and just walk away…

3 Likes

Wowzers! I’ve got an inner basshead from my younger teenage car audio days. Two twelves and 1200 watts with nearly no care to any other part of the audio. So long as the four mains weren’t distorting. Had the ASG 2.5 it was just a little to high in price for me to justify keeping it for occasional use. The EX800ST I could live with occasional use at its price. Sometimes I just need an IEM to throw in and play some DJ Magic Mike or Bass Outlaws and reminisce of those days. My wife doesn’t particular like it when I play it in the house or car. Need that isolation.

Damn!!! Probably gonna be my next purchase. Only other IEM on my purchase radar for now is your Maka. Wish I could find a used one sold in the United States. Only seeing them in Japan.

3 Likes

Look for the US version, called the MDR-7550

FYI: it doesnt have much isolation in STOCK, its kinda like an earbud that goes into your ears. However, when you tape it, the isolation goes up and its like a regular iem.

5 Likes

I mean, I know it’s not IN the US, but it is being Amazon sold if that helps :slight_smile:

https://a.co/d/amelttp

1 Like

Does ex800st tapemod slam harder than legend x? The graph says it doesn’t but to my ears it does?

Does it slam harder than focus edm+

What do you think about the liquid links cables that come with elysian x and elysian Annihilator? Are they worth purchasing?

1 Like

Oh shit I just had a huge grin with some flashbacks from some sound-off’s we used to run at the mention of DJ Magic Mike LOL! Thanks I needed that.

All about the felling not the equip EH!

4 Likes

You should do top 5 for hip hop

2 Likes

@hawaiibadboy holy moly man, I’m listening to Kai now and this is masterful tuning, not to mention the look and more importantly fit are perfect! The stock tips are too bassy, but Moondrop Spring trips are perfect on these, tilts the whole curve up a bit to suit my taste.

I have Mele too, and I can tell that what makes your tuning stand out is the treble-natural, present but never overwhelming. Mele was a bit to too light on treble overall, but Kai fixes that.

Most IEMs, even expensive ones, show their colors when watching TV or movies-there’s too much environmental sounds, too much fake detail, like watching a TV with the contrast turned all the way up. Mele and Kai don’t have that problem.

I can’t wait to see what excuses the professional IEM pundits come up with to call Kai anything other than excellent.

8 Likes

I am very happy you are pleased.
I get a lot of love from Musicians (expected) and producers (not expected)
And music lovers.
The 5% that are on forums a lot, not so much.
I think all hobbies are like that.

That guy is a Roadie/ Sound tech for live gigs.

I’m glad he is happy.
Glad you are too :notes: :raised_hands:

6 Likes

LOVE THAT CABLE

expensive cables are not my thing but that is the coolest one I own by far

2 Likes
  1. Can you do a top 5 for hip hop?

2. And top 5 for RNB?

1 Like

Are you talking about the cable for elysian x or the cable for the Annihilator? They’re 2 different cables.

Have you noticed a sound difference at all or you never switched or cable rolled?

1 Like

Elysian x cable the black one. Have not noticed any sound difference between it and 2 other pentecon cables I have

2 Likes

@hawaiibadboy before I dip my toe in planar IEMs, don’t suppose there is an xHBB planar collab on the horizon any time soon? Totally get it if you can’t say - I’d just rather wait than go for something now that won’t work as well with my library. (apologies if this has been asked already - couldn’t see from a quick thread search)

4 Likes

I do have one coming but not in the next few weeks, sorry I cannot be more specific. I am not sure myself actually. :pray:

5 Likes

Cool thanks - just glad to hear there is something cooking, more than happy to wait :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes