Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Between Fukuoka and Hiroshima

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy i have a line on a pair of AAW Nightingale planar iem between $3-400. What is your opinion on them? I know that you have reviewed other AAW products in the past.

AAW is hit or miss like all companies. Unfortunately i don’t recall that set so I don’t want to mess with your money with light talk or poor memory

3 Likes

Yamaguchi-ken? My wife is from Tokuyama (now Shunan-shi), and has relatives in Kokura, too! While her parents were living, we often spent one or two nights at the ‘Kaiko-view’ onsen/hotel in Shimonoseki. Currently, my sister-in-law still lives in Kudamatsu (adjacent to Tokuyama), and our niece lives in Yamaguchi City, where her husband is a police detective. If you haven’t already, visit Iwakuni for the bridge, and Miyajima for the Torii! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Been to both the Momiji Manju at at miyajima is pretty dope

2 Likes

Looks good! These days, we buy manju and mochi from Costco here… it’s okay, but not the same. We also buy frozen takoyaki, but that’s not the same, either.

Hagi (inland) is a small town, but has a distinctive style of pottery (Hagiyaki) that still thrives there (paper making, too), and there’s also Shuhodo cave, which is a spectacular natural wonder.

1 Like

Bought the topping nx7 amp. Not impressed. Seems pointless because many daps are powerful enough already. Maybe good with cell phone or iphone for power. Not bad, but not worth the hassle of stacking if you already have powerful dap like cayin n3pro. Something i would rarely use.

4 Likes

CCA are very unhappy on FB about your review… You must be doing something right lol.

4 Likes

This is the post from CCA representative. I watched the video afterwards and I unfortunately believe the problem was with this guy’s English language understanding…

6 Likes

Language barrier :+1:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you were saying the praise of planar drivers versus DDs. He got confused.
You just didn’t like the tuning, not the driver technology.

2 Likes

Yeah i could not have been clearer but stuff gets taken then folks pile in and it grows like a tidal wave

4 Likes

On a positive note new Olina…soon?

1 Like

Chris did you ever hear the Adam Audio F7? Thinking about upgrading desktop with the A90D?

1 Like

No I have not :disappointed_relieved:

Yes

I went with honu (sea turtles) Luck,health, lotta positive meanings in hawaiian. The palm reminded me of Scarface movie background

20 Likes

Adam Audio F7 in da house , new KANTO SE6 stands biend driven off the SERANADE X until the A90D shows up.

The AA are like the Emotiva except tweeters are made still in Germany!

Bob Carver Sunfire 12 Sub just because!
Having a bit of fun at my desk now LOL.

4 Likes

That looks nice. Is that an AMT tweeter?

Yes Adam uses AMT’s.

Squeezing diaphragm instead of pistonic movement to make sound.

I’m personally very torn if I like it or not because the dispersion pattern is quite different from other drivers. Very wide but with little depth and height. It’s a truncated experience.

1 Like

Yes I love the sound of this ribbon tweeter. Think I might build a floor standing and use this set.

1 Like

When will you rank your iems?
Could you make a “pre-ranking” in your table rank of Kai, Olina, Mahina…