Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I think he has stated in the past that he won’t rank collabs. I don’t think that has or will change but I could be wrong

EDIT: Although I guess he did add the Olina and Mele to his tier list so he did rank those before…

2 Likes

Where he rank it?

in his video of IEMs under $300

1 Like

After I complete a couple projects I will be ranking them seperately away from main list but relative to each other. Each will have a score at end and you can see where I would place it in the main list.

5 Likes

TANGZU Zeitan Wu Planar earphone frequency response graph

10 Likes

So the purple beast might have potential eh!

2 Likes

Whoa! Ok that has my attention.

1 Like
10 Likes

Minor typo there for the squig name (Zeitan => zetian)

1 Like

Timeless mid-bass with monarch mk2 sub-bass and more or less flat from 2.5k -5k. Thats gotta be worth a punt in my search for the holy grail of planars.

4 Likes

Great set.
Thought it was $200 the whole time because my browser defaults to .jp and it said 20,000 yen which used to be around 200 US until the Yen cratered :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Great review
How does it compare to the likes of Airship or Olina?

1 Like

Well dang; I sold my Hook and my S12 is still on loan, so I guess I’m in for a new Purple Planar.

1 Like

A lot easier to drive/ tons of detail at low volume. Compared to those 2. I’d have to listen to them side by side before saying more (talk out my ass)

4 Likes

It’s $200 CDN so you were bang on! LOL
3.5 or 4.4

1 Like

LOL, I gotta read more carefully, slowly…at all :laughing:

1 Like

Ok i have a slightly odd request ; any chance you could measure the Zeitan Wu without any filters?
Didn’t work for the Dioko but the Timeless sounds great unfiltered so with the amount of sub-bass im curious of what effect defiltering might have on the Zeitan Wu.

Zeitan Wu sounds very interesting but I would be gun shy as I disliked the sound stage of the Timeless.

Where is my Turtles!..
Wouldn’t mind a comparison vid of the Best planer so far vs a hyper classic Olina retuned!

3 Likes

Hey Mr.BadBoy, I was curious if you’ve ever used or tested a Sony Walkman A105 and what you thi k of it?

No, i tried it but never for long. I love the WM1A/Z brothers though :notes: :v:

3 Likes