Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Mahina for me but, not by much. Mostly comes down to the treble presentation for me. I currently own both. The KL being @nymz previous KL. The OG KL metal shell didn’t work for me and the fit caused what a believe to be resonance peak. Which was fixed for me with the better deeper insertion of the resin.

5 Likes

KL is a technical set while Mahina is better tuned and relaxing IMO :v: :notes:

3 Likes

Definitely agree with this assessment.

3 Likes

taking out drivers just got faster…bigger heat gun FTW

4 Likes

7Hz dongle

5 Likes

DHL with the lightning fast delivery from China to Canada in 4 days.

Even more impressive than that are the Olina SE ability to deliver the sweet sonic bliss to my ears. They cover the whole frequency range better than some hybrids that cost twice as much. The fit and comfort are among the best I’ve experienced. On first listen I can’t find anything I would change. Pure joy, pure olina.

14 Likes

My order has gone MIA from DHL. They were handed off to a third party Monday morning and seem to have gone missing. Hoping they randomly show up. Tried calling DHL but can only get a computer. Will have to dig further when I have more time.

Interesting- haven’t heard a thing about this. Looking forward to the review!

Hopefully it’s just a lull in the tracking info; I had a USPS shipment this week that stopped tracking 100% on the 17th and then magically was out for delivery on the 20th, with back-dated tracking showing that it moved around on the 19th, too. I’ve had DHL pop in-and-out too between forwarders, but they’ve never failed to bring the goods in the end.

2 Likes

That happened to me on an order with Amazon (handing off to USPS), that made the shipment go through my delivery date, and the “if it doesn’t arrive by today…” message.

I sent Amazon a message and got replacements sent out, then I see the “out for delivery today” message from USPS.

Free swag? :joy:

2 Likes

Lol I had that happen once with a Bluetooth dongle from Amazon; got “lost in transit” so I ordered another and the original showed up unannounced a couple days later.

1 Like

Is that 7hz dongle the one with the AKM chip for $35?

It seems like a steal for what it is.

1 Like

May I must say, I’m probably late to the party after being absent from the site for about 4 months now but I just saw the Maka for the first time and oh my goodness - they’re gorgeous. Are they really a $35 set?

2 Likes

usually for me they don’t update to the new tracking number when it gets through customs

1 Like

Yo!! Very happy you are happy :turtle: :notes: :raised_hands:
Thanks for the trust :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Finally got the chance to talk to a live person. They handed it off to USPS, with an expected delivery of this Friday. I asked why DHL didn’t state that on the DHL tracking, and they said it has to do with security reasons. Not sure what that means, but at least I know it’s not really MIA.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure why they do it but sometimes DHL has USPS do the final delivery. Glad it was straightened out!

2 Likes

Would the Olina SE be a good first IEM? Would it be heresy to use it off an iphone with an apple dongle? I may pick up DAP but my use case for IEMs is limited primarily to air-porting and travel. However, I am tired of sporting Quarks.

4 Likes

Olina SE is probably a great first IEM and if it’s anything like the OG Olina a dongle will work great

2 Likes

A great first IEM…if you want to ruin yourself before you even get into the hobby :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes