Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Thanks. I’m going to try and get more upper mids and kill that treb spike. Might crack open modhouse T50 since he tamed it decent…get an idea

Love this set. DIY dream for small money :heart: :notes:

4 Likes

Put some damping over that, you can use felt for example.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003480212093.html

Or if u want something easier and with more flexibility.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004034793181.html
One paper will fit like the green felt on the pic.
(lower number = lower density)

2 Likes

I suspect HBB might well be the midst of the typhoon (now a strong tropical storm) currently moving over the region of Japan where I believe he is (Chuhoku). We have relatives there, too, and haven’t been able to get through to them. There are widespread power outages, flooding, high wind gusts, storm surge along the coasts, and the threat of landslides. Let’s hope HBB is hunkered down and staying safe!

3 Likes

Thanks…I made it. Electricity did not go down!..neither did the house. Winning all around :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@ hawaiibadboy Oracle MKII are available right now on linsoul. I wait your impressions before to buy them.

1 Like

It is on the way :notes:

3 Likes

I can vouch for the DIVA. Tried it at my local audio shop few weeks back and spent a good 1 hour listening to it with my KPOP music library.

It seriously fixed pretty much everything I didn’t like about the Variations (Thin lower mids & sub-par mid-bass in particular) and it elevates the overall experience. The vocals is seriously something else.

This is just pure endgame for my music library and I hope to acquire this set one day. For listeners who didn’t really like the Variations, the DIVA will fix what you didn’t like and it’s an all-BA set at that.

4 Likes

Yup, all BA but has better bass than Vari and it is just a slight diff in midbass.
I got it to graph and was not going to do a vid.
But it is awesome so…it got a vid. :notes: :raised_hands: :musical_note:

2 Likes

I zoomed that photo in, and the color doesn’t look right for Teas ( either OG or MK2 ), but the shape sure does. I have to admit that I curious about those, a Mangrid collab would be dope.

Either way, I ordered my Olina SE on Sat., and looking forward to hearing them. I have been very happy with the other three HBB collabs I own ( Mele, OIina, Kai ).

2 Likes

Olina SE are in So Cal and made it through Customs. They are scheduled for delivery on the 27th. Crossing my fingers they arrive early.

4 Likes

OK, I am pretty sure that was the Maka, given this page.

2 Likes

Kinera Celest Frequency response graph

4 Likes

TinHiFi T2 DLC Frequency response graph

4 Likes

5 Likes
6 Likes

It’s Mahina.

I was sleep deprived :person_facepalming: took a couple days forced break, came back, watched the pic again and then felt ashamed lol.

2 Likes

There’s a rumor going around that Lee’s gonna raise the price of DIVA & Anni next month. Let’s wait and see

1 Like

Maybe to slow down orders? The big baller money ballers are not constantly asking where there order is but regular folks do.
Clever strategy…unless you are not rich

3 Likes

Do you all prefer the Kinda Lava or the Yanyin Mahina?

Did you check the review on the Mahina from @nymz ?
It´s got a good comparison in it which should give you a good idea.
I reckon not too many in here have listened to both yet
What i can say is that i loved Kinda Lava but bass was lacking and i would probably prefer mahina in that regard
You got the Mahina right? (i think i remember from headfi)
Ask yourself the question if you could be happy with less bass as Mahina

2 Likes