Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I have a few Tripowin Jelly cables laying around, once I went to XINHS and iVipQ I never looked back. I’m a sucker for 2 core cables - I think they look amazing and XIHNS has some of the nicest around for the budget conscious audiophile :metal:

2 Likes

TANGZU Wu Zetian vs softears twilight. Which do you prefer especially for hip hop?

1 Like

Hip Hop?
WU
WU Tang Zetian :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

LOL

No posts for 2 days in that thread and a BOT just storms in like it runs the place.
I was having a average day till that gem popped up

3 Likes

What does Twilight do better than the wu iem?

Timbre and tonality of a DD. Planar is awesome but different

1 Like

https://twitter.com/HawaiibadboyB/status/1582235853774278658?s=20&t=dCgPWzmX-dzuQBmSywx1iw

8 Likes

TRN MT3 Frequency Response Graph

1 Like

KZ PR1 Planar Earphones frequency response graph

4 Likes

A face that looks human

200w

I was getting worried
Exhale

22 Likes

I think SE has better techs/resolution while Serial is organic with more note weight. quite different.
If you did not get a good fit with OG it would be the same with this set.

2 Likes

PSA:
Semi-monthly reminder to clean your ears, gentlemen!

Absolutely do not use Q-tips to remove wax, use warm water or a medical wax solution.

If you find, like me, that you cannot escape the full feeling of your ear regardless how much you clean your ear from the outside, you might have a build up of mucus in your eustachian tube located behind your eardrum, causing negative pressure and lowered sensitivity.

In that case, use https://otovent.com/

4 Likes

I use hydrogen peroxide 3%

4 Likes

I use Q-tips after one of those two things :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have a matchbox of trained earwigs and set them loose down my ear canals every 32 days. The hard part was making their shovels and hard hats.

12 Likes

I have my first ever appointment with an Audiologist on the 26th - looking forward to seeing all that wax buildup from stuffing silicone down my ears :sob:

I also found the techniques in this video really helpful for blocked eustachian tubes.

After doing the full routine there is noticeable difference in that congested feeling.

1 Like

6xi047

It’s almost 11.11 and I’m keen to try out Maka since my Blon03 liking as I can’t get my hands on a Mele :stuck_out_tongue: I feel like it may have a better fit than Mele.

2 Likes

It will come as the Mele replacement at $35 around end of year. Got other stuff to do first :slight_smile: Thanks for the interest btw :raised_hands:

8 Likes

After a while I worked out the only drawback to the xQKZ that I could find was a timbre issue. Metallic would be too strong of a word, but something about the edge and resonance didn’t chime with me, reminded me of the CRA.

Which is crazy, because it means that for $20 it hit tonality and technicalities to a really high standard. I guess “timbre” is the third “t” for me, and it’s already better timbre-wise than it should be for $20.

The amount of physicality it delivered was fantastic icing on the cake, and I hope it carries over to other collabs too although I expect it’s thanks to the Ti coating and it will be hit or miss whether that can be reproduced.

So I guess what’s got me excited… is whether this $35 set can hit all three Ts. From what I remember of photo previews I think it’s a slick looking set to boot.

4 Likes