Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Little bit too intense. Overblows guitar solos (Eruption) and cymbal crashed (Blind Faith)
Love the company though. Never had any QC issues ever. :+1:

1 Like

4 Likes

Yeah. I auditioned TSMR-3 pro earlier, didnā€™t like it. But I am in head over heels with Land. The holographic presentation and dynamic sound is just too good. Intense, I agree, but does not make uncomfortable.

1 Like

Yeah, it reminds me of Fearless S8F and that is a good thing. Wish the DD was hitting a bit harder but Tansio Mirai is a great company. Hope they make a tribrid sinceā€¦everyone else is :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The DD of LAND hits hard enough for me :sweat_smile:
You mean youā€™re hoping Fearless to make a tribrid?

Yes. Fearless has been kinda dormant :no_mouth:

True that. I havenā€™t yet heard any of their iems though.

4 Likes

GS Audio (Fearless OEM) does have a tribrid that will be listed soon in their store.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911424618

They also got these other EST iems:

2 BA + 2 EST = 2080 Yuan = 326 usd
6 BA + 2 EST = 4280 Yuan = 670 usd
8 BA + 4 EST = 5280 Yuan = 827 usd
1 DD + 2 BA + 2 EST = 2380 Yuan = 373 usd

4 Likes

After watching Chrisā€™s @hawaiibadboy Fusang Vā€™s the Bird vid this just came up for saleā€¦any UK based dudes after the bird this could save you some :pound: :man_shrugging:ā€¦Oriolus Traillii JP | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

2 Likes

Knowing the UK market, that may be up for a while :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is now easily my #1 budget recommendation. Holy shit this is one hell of an IEM for only 99 bucks??? Iā€™m totally blown away right now. This is IMO the best packaging Thieaudio has done yet and I love the new smaller carry case. The cable is perfect for a budget cable and these are arguably the most beautiful IEMs Thieaudio has ever made. The nozzle has been redesigned and I love it now. Tips slide right on and are held perfectly in place.

Iā€™m going to hold off on audio reactions for now but this might be the best Thieaudio for metal because of the beryllium driver. (I have them in my ears right now and they do not disappoint)

Well done Thieaudio! WOW!!!

14 Likes

Really? You gonna do me like this?

Just spent 300usd on budsā€¦ very nice of youā€¦

reaches for wallet

1 Like

What did you pay for that amount on buds?

1. VE bundle of Zen 2.0 SQC + Amp
  2. VE metal monk
  3. VAT because fuck EU

Still waiting on my LBBS and M2S pro to arrive (150 ohm driver has arrived tho)

3 Likes

First reactions of the Legacy 2ā€¦

L2 - Some BA timbre shows its ugly face, but generally extremely well tuned overall, detailed, dynamic and fast. I do prefer EST implementation of treble vs this BA (itā€™s a tad bright & crispy for me) but for the budget segment, this is awesome. The mids and bass are very good. Thieaudio know how to do beryllium coatings.

The L2 is the first IEM Iā€™ve listed to on the D90SE + A90, so I am trying to curb my enthusiasm because I know some of what Iā€™m hearing is the change in DAC. Need more time with this DAC and the rest of my collection.

No question, the Thieaudio Legacy 2 is a winner. What are you waiting for? Go get one for yourself!

Graph for the hell of itā€¦

2 Likes

I am waiting on all of the tribrids that seem to be coming out, to see which one rules them all. So far the moondrop variation and dunu est112 match my stylistic preferences more then the Thieaudio ones.

1 Like

So farā€¦ I own The Monarch, Clairvoyance, Oracle, Excalibur, Dunu EST 112 and have the Moondrop Variations ordered from Apos. The only other tribrid I want is the XENNS UP but I am waiting for impressions of that IEM first. Iā€™m hoping the TEA wasnā€™t a 1 off miracle.

What kinda pisses me off about the Legacy 2 is Thieaudio obviously refined the shell shape. It seems to fit me better and more comfortably than any of their tribrids. Theiaudioā€™s cheapest IEM fits me the best.

7 Likes

I want to try est treble so I am going to wait and see how they all shake out.

I also am hoping linsoul or someone offers the custom shell and faceplate service for the legacy 2 so I can get one that is solid black. I will gladly buy one as soon as that is offeredā€¦ I might pick one up even if it isnā€™t but it does lower my drive to want and get it.

This. Iā€™m going on vacation in 2 or 3 weeks, so I used this excuse to keep myself from buying any tribid until I hear about XENNS UP/Variations/ISN EST50 and comparisons vs Oracle/Monarch.

1 Like