Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

@hawaiibadboy any news on your xeens up? :drooling_face:

Lol! Just about to click buy on an FH3. Then this!
Soā€¦ I hate to ask but FH3 or Legacy 2 for post/prog metal?

Take your pick.

12 Likes

So pumped!

3 Likes

Beryllium Bassā€¦

Not gonna lie
I thought TEA was a fluke,.
So fucking relieved they have proper tunersā€¦and that Berry bass and sonion midā€¦mmmmmmm

9 Likes

My concernā€¦

How resolving is it? If itā€™s more detailed than Clair, this is going to be quite ideal and relaxed in the treble. There should be zero fatigue issues with that large of a treble valley.

I didnā€™t realize the DD is beryllium.

Treats vocals about same as the Bird.
But has bass and better mids.
I was concerned since TEA was not a plan it seemed. Iā€™m pleased. Berry bass really is something Iā€™d like to see Thie use on a high end model. It is just so much more pleasing

7 Likes

Wow. Now i feel i made a good call waiting for xenns up. Cant wait for the video

2 Likes

1 Like

Now we just need a comparison with oracle and my decision is probably made :slight_smile:

1 Like

The graph I posted was Oracle vs Up. You can clearly see my concern. But the mids and bass on the up looks to be my preference.

1 Like

I am almost hoping the Mangird UP will suck at this point, oh my poor walletā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s going to suck at all. Per Chrisā€™ early comments and my assumptions. Iā€™m guessing it might be a better resolving, faster and more dynamic (beyrillium and sonion drivers for bass and mids) Clairvoyance that is a bit more relaxed in the treble. Am I close @hawaiibadboy ? My concern with additionally relaxed treble tuning is that EST implementation of treble already is usually not as authoritative as other driver types (why ESTs sound so smooth with no harshness), so symbol hits may sound blunted, soft or buried. Especially with as much mid and bass elevation the UP has. All just my assumptions though. Canā€™t wait to hear it.

4 Likes

Based on these descriptions, my finger is ready on the buy button.

I have the Clair but the treble is only tamed due to foam tips I put on (campfire marshmallows tips).

If the UP is the Clair, but with better treble smoothness naturally, and more resolving? Damnā€¦

But the ultimate question isā€¦.how does it do with the MEST already in a collection?

1 Like

Legacy 2/Fiio FH3 & Legacy 3 comparisonā€¦ šŸ”¶ ThieAudio Legacy 2 - #5 by Resolution

3 Likes

Hmm that is quite a dip, and I actually like elevated treble. I EQ almost all my sets and a bump right at 5k is one of my go-to adjustments. I have no experience with est stuff though so idk how well it takes to eq.

The rest looks great though. I didnā€™t know it was gonna be another beryllium set, but thatā€™s awesome, seems to be the king of low end right now and impressive low end is a huge part of what Iā€™m going to be chasing when I settle one one of these tribrids.

2 Likes

If only I could get mangird or thie tuning in a moondrop or better yet Fiio shell. I just want simple looks with great audio.

1 Like

How does the Moondrop Aria compare to Thiaudio L2? Iā€™m looking for a Blon BL-03 comfort & sound upgrade. Iā€™m also willing to tip-roll to achieve my preferences (iā€™m treble sensitive).