Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

L2 is a cleaner BLON 03 :+1:

2 Likes

YAā€™LL TEMPTING ME! MY WALLET ISNā€™T LIKING THIS! :sob:

11 Likes

There is a pretty obscure iem that I used to own - Unique Melody Mirage. 3 BA iem, 1 each for low, mid high. Till date I have not heard midbass and subbass as natural in any other full BA iem. Whoever has auditioned it couldnot believe it did not have a very finely tuned DD. I suggest you try to audition one if you can.

The plot thickens! Damn they look good

1 Like

How old is it? I can buy a set probably

About 2 years old now. Look for a pre-loved set.

1 Like

Just saw your video. Ill pull the trigger during my vacation so it arrives when I get back. Now we just need to wait for comparitions with Variations and oracle. But you sold on the Teas with bery bass lol

1 Like

1 Like

Can you please answer two things i dont think you adressed on your video:

1. Hows the tips that came with the package? Same as teas?
  2. Hows the soundstage?
1 Like

Different tips than TEA irc?
Stage is fine, not ā€œintimateā€ cut is before area where that is most impacted in my experience. Usually fall off at or around 8Khz is where that happens

@hawaiibadboy thanks for the review of the UP. Do you think this competes with the rest of the tribrids in that price range or does it start to compete with things above it like the UM Mest 2?

The Tea was very good for its price range and was one of the top contenders in that range, Iā€™m wondering if they were able to pull off something similar for the UP.

1 Like

It has the hardest hitting bass of all the tribrids but does not cloud mids (Beryllium is realā€¦Science :wink: )
Beyond that I have to O.C.D on basslines vocals, drum kits and high hats / Cymbals.

It is not MEST level for me.
None of the tribrids areā€¦so far

1 Like

HMMMMā€¦ It seems like the UP may be the frontrunner for me. I donā€™t like that big treble dip at all, but Iā€™m confident that a bit of EQ would fix that pretty easily. Iā€™d prefer to get something as close to my ideal graph as possible, of course, but if it has better driver tech than any of the others when it comes to low end performance thatā€™s basically an auto-win for me. Fast and clean bass that can really slam is my number 1 requirement.

Anyone know if anything is currently outperforming beryllium drivers in that department or is it really the current champion?

1 Like

But would you take it over oracle? Thats the real question :stuck_out_tongue:

Well his video does suggest it outperforms on slam. Bass hits harder and cleaner perhaps.

Iā€™m wondering if this is the best companion for a MEST owner. MEST is best, though also having a fun slamming set sounds enticing. Like having different whiskies. Things taste different!

1 Like

Yeah sorry, meant monarch! Iā€™m 95% sold anyway because all i wanted was a teas with more bass. Was even considering monarch over oracle just because of that.

Its a good/bad day to be an addict :slight_smile:

These hammer hard and clean. They will be popular just for that as many pine for a slammer set in their collection.

3 Likes

Is this, potentially, the best slamming set youā€™ve heard in IEMā€™s? That is, a great clean slam with a good or great tuning elsewhere too? Better than all else or should I look elsewhere in this regard?

Man, Iā€™m ready to hit buy if thatā€™s true.

Canā€™t think of a set that hits harder.
EX800 with tape mod and EQ can damage ear drums but out the box, these are savage.

Basshead term was born from car audio. I am one member of that club.
There are physical drivers amped and time corrected so you can set off car alarms and enjoy the rest of the replay.
Headphone Basshead is a fucking meme term and nobody likes 1 driver blowing a horn tone and nothing else
Earphones thoughā€¦
Tribrid with dedicated ā€œSub wooferā€/ woofer and mids and EST treb.
That can be fun. :slight_smile:
These are audiophile basshead friendly and I donā€™y mean headphone blowthe horn crap

5 Likes